You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

There are festivals celebrated by two or more religions!

Many people won't celebrate festival of other religions for example Muslims won't celebrate Deepavali and Hindus won't celebrate Ramzan but there is a famous festival in Nellore and Rayalaseema region where Hindus and Muslims celebrate together. That is called Rottela panduga (Roti festival). They wake up early in the morning and take a holy dip in the near by river and goes for a prayer to the Mosque. Then Hindu and Muslims friends combine and sit with each other to share and eat chapattis. One more thing in Hyderabad the Hindu non vegetarian eaters like to eat haleem that is sell in shops. Do you celebrate other religion festivals? Do you know a festival which will be celebrated by two or more religions?
    Well Hindus and Muslims may not celebrate a festival in Unison but participating in their festivities is very much seen in Hyderabad. During Sankaranthi festival, the kite flying is done by Hindus and Muslims and in fact the Kites and Manjas are made by Muslim youths in old city. Like wise during Ganesh festivities we have seen Muslim youths handing over water packets to the procession devotees during Nimajjan. During Deepavali also the Muslims join Hindus exchanging pleasantries and tasting the sweet. In Hyderabad there are other festivals also through which we can see brotherly participation of both communities. That is the essence of this great twin cities. During Bonalu the Muslims also cooperate to celebrate the festivities at the Akkana Madanna temple in old city. You know grand poojas are being held at the Bhagyalakshmi temple situated inside Charminar and that is peacefully existing, thanks to the cooperation of Muslims.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

In the Sundarban area of Bengal (both West Bengal and Bangladesh), the local people irrespective of religion (both Hindus and Muslims) perform Puja of the local Goddess 'Bonbibi'. From the name, it is clear that the Goddess has been created by people of both communities. Actually, 'Bonbibi' is another form of Goddess Durga. 'Bon' means forest and the word 'Bibi' is generally used by the Muslims. The Goddess is believed to be the protector from Royal Bengal tigers, and, so, the Goddess is respected by both Hindus and Muslims of Sundarban, alike.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

During Sabarimala season, the Hindu pilgrims first visit a Muslim deity called 'Vabur' at Erumeli, and then undertake their journey to climb up the Sabari hill to visit Sri Ayyappan. In the Mosque, the holy ash is offered as Prasadam. This shows the great unity between the Hindus and Muslims.

Our religious Gods are true friends, only we are different with our religions..

I do not know any festival which is common for two or more religions. But I visit church and mosque to offer my prayers as and when I feel like.

No life without Sun ¤

I respect these people with all of my heart for preaching religious harmony this way.
    We were all humans until caste divided us and religion separated us.
    Iam not afraid or against celebrating other religion's festivals.
    I would rather be very happy to do so because I am breaking that invisible barrier that tears people apart.
    In especially chaotic times like these, such activities must be encouraged.

I would like to say that all festivals are celebrated by people of all religions though in different manners.
    First of all let us consider our national festivals like the Independence Day, Republic Day and 2nd October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi. All indians celebrate these national festivals irrespective of their caste, creed, religion or region.
    Regarding the religious festivals like Diwali or Eid etc., the same are also celebrated by almost all broad minded people except the 'Puja' or 'Namaj' part. Such festivals are national festivals of India and are cultural events.
    If we see the list of holidays of the Government of India, then we can find that national holidays are onserved on the occasion of festivals of Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Jains etc.
    People of different religions meet and greet each other on the occasion of various festivals.
    Only narrow minded people classify the festivals on the basis of religions etc.
    We must respect each other's culture, faith and beliefs.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments