You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

NASA created history by entering their satellite in Jupiter!!!

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) created a history with entering their satellites into Jupiter orbit name called Juno as we all know NASA is an renowned organisation in space where NASA sent humans to moon, sent robots to Mars and even now more impossible task had achieved that is entering to Jupiter orbit where they will research whether human can live in these planet.As Indian scientists feel proud they launch US satellites but now what they say about this?Knowledgeable members please respond to the question.
    Yes I came across the tribute by Google Doodle yesterday evening and my appreciation and congrats to NASA and their Scientists for creating a record by sending Juno to the Jupiter planet. What is most astonishing is the fact that it took whole five years for Juno to travel and reach Jupiter. Once NASA proved that they are one step forward than others. One thing is sure, ISRO was shot into fame in recent years and NASA had the expertise since long back. We cannot compare NASA and ISRO capabilities. Each one has the history of their glories achievements in past. We are happy that we shall know more about Jupiter planet now and that is the highlight,
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

After a five year long voyage, NASA's unmanned spacecraft Juno has reached Jupiter after traveling a distance of 2.7 billion kilometers since its launch from Florida. It is really a victory of Science.
    Congratulations, scientists of NASA!

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Little known fact, Roman God Jupiter's wive's name was Juno. So it is the time when a heavenly couple unites.
    And Jupiter is an exoplanet .i.e.., there is no solid surface and winds blow upto 400 km/h. So there is no way we can live on that planet as it is completely inhospitable.
    But yes the planet has the most moons- nearly 63.
    So we can explore Jupiter's moons instead as the climates there are a little hospitable.

Juno was launched from Cape Canaveral on August 5, 2011 and at that time Jupiter was 71.6 crore kilometers away from Earth. However the probe Juno has travelled 280 crore kilometers to reach the gaseous planet Jupiter. The Juno mission will end on February 20, 2018, when Juno is expected to crash into Jupiter after orbiting Jupiter 33 times.
    There are three 4 centimeters high Lego figures on board Juno. The trio are the seventh century Italian astronomer and 'father of science' Galileo Galilei, who had discovered Jupiter's four largest moons, the king of Gods - Jupiter and his wife Juno.
    The planet Jupiter is 300 times larger than Earth and has 64 moons.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments