You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

'Soaring high in the sky' - what it means to you?

The phrase 'soaring high in the sky' mean differently to different individuals.
    I even don't know if it is a saying, an idiom or simply a phrase.
    I have read many interpretations of the phrase and found one of them very appealing which conveys that one should believe in what he/she can do.
    Eagle knows that it can fly high and does so. It never allows that thought that it cannot swim, to pass through its mind.
    One has to spread his/her wings and put forth efforts to do great things. With eyes focussed on the goal, one has to look skyward, challenging the winds and harnessing power to ascend higher.
    'Soaring high in the sky' - what it means to you?
    Or maybe we should not think much about it. The best solutions are always the simplest.
    So here sky means a particular field.
    Soaring in the sky, achieving pinnacles in your field.
    Just as you said, an eagle flies the highest.
    But does it try to dive into the sea, no.
    That's not an eagle's job.
    For me, that's exactly what that phrase means .

What I understand that soaring high in the sky normally referred to the success of high flying by the eagle and it can spot the prey or its food from that distance. That is the achievement bench mark.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Incidentally the Ruppell's Griffon Vulture is the highest flying bird which reaches up to 11,300 m (37,000 ft) above seal level while flying. However most birds fly below 500 feet except during migration.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments