You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

I am expecting at least one thread a week from Tony to have more assessment of this section.

We all know that our beloved webmaster Tony is the technical savvy person and he is responsible to bring in sea lots of changes to this site and its features. But we seldom know his ability to raise good threads and also gives befitting replies. My long cherished desire is to have Tony contributing at least one good topic every week on which the members can react and through which he would have better assessment of this forum and its regular members. Now do not interfere and tell me that Tony would be busy and he wont do this.
    It is not a matter of interfering. Once a thread is posted in the forum, it becomes open to the members to respond.
    The role and responsibilities of the webmasters and editors are different than those of members. Primarily the members are the contributors and editors are the moderators. Because of this reason, even the editors are not raising threads etc. in routine manner like the active members, leave aside the Webmasters. They have developed and provided this platform to the members to contribute in accordance with the laid down policies and guidelines.
    I presume that the Webmasters get feedback through editors and may be monitoring directly also. They do intervene as and when required.
    Thus there are many functionaries of ISC and they are functioning as per their defined roles.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

No interference meant. Mohan must have studied in schools, colleges and universities. Did Mohan see any of the Headmaster/Principal/Vice chancellor taking regular classes or occasional classes for the students? They are there only to manage the school, its teachers and students. The role of Tony John is the same at ISC. They come on line only to solve problems if any. We should not expect him to be a member and post his threads once in a week or once in a month. Tony John has entrusted this job to his Managing Editor Vandana to be with the members and post thread and thread responses, monitor, help and solve problems as and when required.

We should not expect the teachers to write examination along with their students.

No life without Sun ¤

K Mohan,

Your request has been forwarded to Tony Sir.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

#570562: Mr. Sun: In our school, the Headmasters occasionally used to take classes at higher levels. In Xth, XIth and XIIth, we(students of my class) used to face the bombardments from our Headmasters (two, by the way) at least once in a month.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Considering it as a well intended ideal wish, I would lend my support to the thread matter.However there is a balanced and practical side as in Sun's post .
    But, I would take a middle path only.

I have seen it a feature in ISC as well as most of the sister sites that Tony gives the first push and impetus for the site to take off. Once it stabilise, he allows the system or the allocated personnel to look after and maintain them. He steps in when something important has to be announced, or something has to be solved with as how o firmness and authority. That is what management is.

That is called management delegation. Only such management can be effective and smooth going. This comes to use when there are more things or more divisions to manage. The entrepreneur or the original business man can then easily think of more developmental works and expansion.

Having said that, I also suggest Tony can have a regular periodical interaction. It may be twice in a month or once a month, on the last day or first day of every month giving a review about the site, about his future plans, about how the site is faring etc. That will serve like a newsletter from the top management or MD in some companies. That will give more confidence and interest to members about the site.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

I concur with the views expressed by the author of the thread #570574. Such an interaction is likely to bring some sort of value addtion in the functioning of editors also.

Be in ISC or the other sites in the spider network, Tony sir does not come in with a thread or response unless it is absolutely necessary. Each of the sites in the network have a well managed team of editors and webmasters who run the show with ease. And that is exactly how it needs to work.

If the owner of the site interferes with everything, it can result in resentment among the members and the team as well. I would guess the current way of working best suits the site.

Live....and Let Live...!

Members are not understanding my expectation rightly. I just want inclusive participation of Tony thinking that he is also member of the site and of course with webmaster tag.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mohan,
    More than a member, Tony is a Web Master. It is like Modi who is a citizen of India but a Prime Minister at the helm of affairs. Will it be right for Modi to raise questions about India in the parliament ?

Mohan, the position matters a lot. Venkiteswaran has spelt it correctly in his first para of his response # 570754.

If Tony does it, he might lose his respect and authority.

No life without Sun ¤

Comparing Modi with Tony is too much. Modi was elected and selected but Tony is our man and this site belongs to him. What wrong when he interacts with us. He will also know his talent hidden in him.
    K Mohan

If you consider Mr.Tony a Member of ISC, it is entirely his prerogative whether he wants to raise a thread or participate in discussion, isn't it?

And so far as comparison is concerned,does anyone compare Bradman with Dhyan Chand?

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

"He will know his talent hidden in him". What Mohan, Tony need not know what is hidden in him. It is the hidden talent of Tony that you are a member of Indiastudychannel. Partha is correct in saying that it is the prerogative of Tony to decide whether to participate as a member or only to command over as a boss of ISC.

Tony John is doing a perfect job as a Web Master of this site. His participation as member will not make any difference but it might worsen the site's reputation.

No life without Sun ¤

I am not making him to visit regularly, at least once in a week. Surely our forum would be bustling with much activities. Let Tony respond here whether he would take five minute time a week for us ?
    K Mohan

You are right K mohan sir, I read lot many articles by Tony sir, all are very inspiring to me. As forum is the best place for communicating, he should write down once in a week, and obviously he will write the best which will increase the willing of a participant.

I don't think that Tony should post at least one thread every week. The things are effectively being managed by the editorial team. It would be good though if he posts a response in forum threads more frequently.

Mohan,
    If WM Tony can make his presence whenever it is necessary to solve problems or give solutions, why should he post messages on a weekly or monthly basis? Is it not like a student saying ," Present Sir/Aajar hai Srimaan/Mem Yahan Hoon Ji".

What I suggest is - Tony should post a standard copy paste welcome message to the newbies joining this site. It would boost the morale of the newbies.

No life without Sun ¤

I am really upset that Tony failed to visit this thread in spite if his presence in other thread today. At least a response to this thread would have been satisfied me.
    K Mohan

Mohan Ji, you raised this thread on 08.07.2016 only and it has not yet completed the normal 'thread life' of 10 days. So your getting disappointed/upset looks premature. Let us wait till expiry of the normal life of the thread.

Mohan, please read ME's post above no:570564 . Please keep patience.

If something comes out then that is a change. Otherwise it means status quo. Let me ask one question to you. Do you like your company MD visit your office or your work desk every day? That will make him appear cheap and he will lose his effectiveness over his subordinates. But if it is just once in a while, then the office will be made spic and span, all will be putting their best and the MD himself may make you all happy worth promising something new etc.

Rather than every day MD can communicate with the employees through monthly newsletters signed by him.

(Frankly, my intention here is to keep the author in his positive frame and hence resurrecting a thread going dormant- as also opined by Kailashji)

Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Tony must be in a dilemma to post whether Yes or No to the request of Mohan. I am sure, he will come out with a suitable response to satisfy the author and the members. He must be thinking now.
    No life without Sun ¤

I wont agree with Venkiteswaran. When I was working in Delhi, the MD used to come personally on Deepavali day and announce best employee award and gives prize money personally. And I received three times in five years.
    K Mohan

The big boss of any organisation won't visit their offices or work area and meet their men regularly. They meet them only on important occasions or for inspection of that area. It is right that the boss loses his respect if he tries to be cheap with his subordinates. Tony should maintain status quo.

A boss should be always a boss with his conduct and behaviour with the men working under him and should be impartial. He should manage the affairs with the high officials serving under him. Occasionally he should make surprise visits and surprise his men to check, pat, appreciate, suggest, advice, enquire welfare as required.

I am sure, Tony must be monitoring the forum section and watching all things that is going on in this section. He is a silent but a very active and smart Web Master.

No life without Sun ¤

I am not going to give up. Editors please do not lock this thread. I wish to have Tony presence for this post.
    K Mohan

Mr. Mohan, you are the second-ranking Member of this site. You are one of the oldest Members also. You can easily communicate with the Webmasters through other channels.
    Generally top bosses never interfere in the proceedings when everything runs smoothly.
    However it is upto you to convince the Webmaster and it is his prerogative to raise a thread/threads.
    Of course, this is my personal view.

I am in a silence war with Tony. When a dedicated member seeks his intervention , he cannot say no. I am waiting.
    K Mohan

Mohan,
    Tony is a businessman and all his sites are his business ventures. Trust me on this when I say that he has much more priority tasks right now than to post a thread weekly to appease one member.

If it is something important related to working of ISC or any other sister websites, or it is something that will improve the participation in his websites I am sure he will make time to pitch in. As is the fact, posting a Forum thread weekly it not going to improve his business and therefore it is not a priority.

As per my own analysis, the members are unnecessarily making a mountain out of a molehill. I have a hunch that the Webmaster Tony John will appear on this thread from nowhere very soon and floor all concerned by posting a comment to make the author of this thread and others happy.

Tony sir has been busy with other tasks right now. Though I do not want bring it up again here, yet I have been forced to state that I know very well (by virtue of being a team member on another site in his network) about the priorities that Tony is currently having and what he has actually been doing right now.

I would request the author of the thread to come up with some good quality contribution rather than being adamant on this demand which would practically serve no purpose for the betterment of this site - of course, other than satiating the concerned member of having forced Tony to comment here.

Live....and Let Live...!

Thanks for this thread. I used to be very regular in this forum in the past. I eventually stopped coming here because of some of our members and some of the editors, including Managing Editor. Who can guess the right reason that stopped me from coming to the forum regularly?!
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

I will venture to hazard a guess. I think few of us have started deriving a sort of sadistic pleasure in squabbling on non-issues and thus polluted the cordial atmosphere of the forum section as well as intentionally or unintemtionally caused the standand, propiety and quality of the forum section to get somewhat diminished.

Yes, Tony,I also agree with you. You "eventually stopped coming here because of some of our members and some of the editors, including Managing Editor" because these editors and members and ME started managing the site and forum so well that you felt they are doing better than what you expected. Members conducted well by self moderation. All this made your regular presence here superfluous.

However, just like the moon showing its full brightness once a month, remaining partly or fully hidden for other remaining days, we also welcome you here with extra brightness every time. Even in the darkest nights, there is definitely some star light thrown by the various member-editor stars in this forum. But a full bright moon appearing will definitely add more light. Even the Taj Mahal gets more beautiful on a full moon night.

Tony, the Full Moon is thus welcome and awaited.

Well, because that clue by Tony sir has the name of ME included, I guess it should be something different. Maybe you very very happy with the way things have been managed here by the ME and the editors. So you thought that your presence here is not much needed (except in cases of extreme necessity).

Or maybe you thought that your presence here on a frequent occasions would make the existence of ME and other editors redundant.

Live....and Let Live...!

Hey, I thought you guys will fail to make the right guess!! You guys are smarter than I thought :-)

I used to come here regularly to keep the forum live by motivating members to be active. Now that role is taken care well by many of you!

And the editors are doing an excellent role of managing the site without me. See, this thread itself is a good example. It took several months for you all to notice my absence and prompt me to post here. That's a good example that the show will go on and on without my active presence in the stage, right? I am very well behind the curtain and working hard on the ISC platform to make it stronger and better.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

After Tony Sir's reply (#571044) to this thread and his statement -"See, this thread itself is a good example. It took several months for you all to notice my absence and prompt me to post here."

I am thinking to start a new series of thread called "forgotten ISC member". Though, Tony Sir, you were always remembered even though we never forced you to post new thread in Forum.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Thanks for responding here twice. Same tempo may be continued by raising some good threads in future. I shall be glad if interaction takes place with you. And you will also know us better.
    K Mohan

Very pleased to see the response posted by WM Tony. It is very true that the Managing Editor, Lead Editors , Editors and senior members are managing the show in an exemplary manner that Mr. Tony can relax peacefully without any much botheration about the forum section of ISC. This is an excellent thread to understand and act.

What I now suggest is: Mr. Tony should hold a meeting by posting a thread once in a quarter titled" Members, How are you? Any problem? Please put it up here." Members should come up with their valid problems, proposals or suggestions for improvement. Tony should respond to each and every members response.

It can be termed as "ISC's quarterly meet"

I think WM Tony can do it , will do it and should do it for ISC's development and improvement.

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments