You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Is there any such Member?

Since 1st June, 2016, I have started my journey in ISC towards the ultimate height, i.e., towards the Platinum level. As I am continuing to limp towards the target, I am also calculating! I have found that if a Member scores 50 points everyday without any break, he/she would take 1000 days (2 years 9 months) to reach Platinum level! If a Member scores 100 points everyday (I have scored century only twice during my nine and a half months journey!), he/she would take 500 days (1 year 5 months) to reach the coveted level!

I have also checked the performance of the Members active nowadays. Mr. Pramod with his Bradmanesque performance being displayed everyday would take around 9 months to reach Platinum level (needless to say that he reached that level long back). Mr. Kailash Kumar has also performed brilliantly during his 14 months journey and he may take another two months to reach ISC's Mount Everest, i.e., Platinum level. Mr. Mohan has also reached that coveted height but he has still been performing at the range of 70 to 80 everyday. I always shrink while comparing my performance with the performance of these Greats!

Now I have a curiosity to know the names of the Greats of ISC who reached the Platinum level within one year of commencement of their journey. Is there any such member? Can any Member help?
    Theoratically it is not possible to achieve platinum level in one year in the normal course as it will require earning on an average 137 points each day.
    I had always been curious about knowing such details pertaining to ISC.
    When I achieved diamond level in 98 days, I became curious about other members and by doning research located the following thread of the great ISCian Sukhdev Singh Ji -
    A diamond member’s four months on India Study Channel, an exciting experience on educational website
    In his above thread Sukhdev Singh Ji has himself mentioned that 'I became a diamond member on India study channel within about three and half months of joining the India Study Channel'.
    Thus it appears that so far, I hold the record of reaching the diamond level in shortest period.
    I intend to do so in case of achieving platnum level also.
    Despite many shortcomings in my style of working, it cannot be denied that I have earned points under rigorous monitoring of the same by the editors.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Last week I read a response from Mr. Sukhdev Singh wishing ISC on its Birthday. Now I have understood that he has been a great Member. I wish he returns from his retirement and re-joins ISC with greater vigour.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Well existing members may vie each other to reach the platinum level as fast as they can. But the main thing to remember here that after reaching that stage, if the performance is less and not regular, the level slips to diamond.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Here I want to make one important submission. The way points are granted liberally now, that was not present in those days. For raising a thread I was given only one point and even for responding less points were given. But I have seen Kailash getting five points for raising a thread and four or five points he even answered or replied his own thread. That way his points piled up and he can achieve the target earlier than us. Even Vandana knows this very well. So getting diamond and platinum is easy for the present members by virtue of high points scoring.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

What is the use of running fast to get the gold or diamond or platinum medals in hand when the medals have no value, no special privilege and no monetary benefit? If there was any attractive monetary benefit, I am sure members would have run faster at higher speeds to fetch the gold in a week, diamond in a month and platinum in a year.
    No life without Sun ¤

But Mr. Mohan, from the day of my joining this site, I have only got 1 point each in my responses against my own thread.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha - The system of change of points was changed by the ISC management after I joined ISC.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments