You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Some pros of using Commons

If you have some original artwork it is best to first put it up with the Commons. Here they
    give you a license (commons license) making you the legal owner of the piece of work.
    From there you can now comfortable use it anywhere within the internet. Anyone else is
    free to use the same but has to attribute you as the legal owner of the work. If on the
    other hand you just take it straight into the net without first getting it registered then you
    can't claim ownership of the same.
    What I feel that if we are creating a unique piece of work which is different from others, there is a need for legalizing it so that in future there cannot be copy right issues with others nor copy our work.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Creative Commons is a private organization. The rights of the owner of art works are protected through copyright law only. The Creative Commons provide services to the artists in protecting their Copyright. It is a California, USA based company and charges fee for its services. One should fully understand about the functions/services of the company before attempting to do anything.
    The author may consider writing an article on the subject matter to explain the important points fully.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments