You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Oops....! Just now got a real shock!

Just now I have got a real shock! Suddenly I have noticed that my present rank is 22 in ISC! Last week it was 21. This means that my position has gone down by 1 rank during this week. This is the first time since my joining ISC, this has happened to me (excluding the period when I was not contributing in this platform).

However, when I checked further, I found that during last week, my points tally was at 5th position among all Members of ISC. Now I am more perplexed! How can it be possible? When my contribution was at 5th position during last week, how could my overall ranking go down?

Can any member statistically explain the phenomenon? However, it must be stated clearly that I am not blaming anybody. I only want to know how can it be statistically possible?
    Partha please note that at ISC there is a hidden competitive spirit among the members and those who share and contribute one step ahead than you, then you are likely to be pushed backward. But what I feel that within short period of time you have achieved the position of top 50 members which is considered to be creame de la cream members of this site. Bask on this glory. But surely if you maintain this tempo I can guarantee you that you proceed to be top 20 members of this site by coming Independence day. This is my assurance.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mr. Mohan, I fully agree with you. But I am statistically examining the issue. I was among the top 5 during last week. Then how can my ranking go down from 21st to 22nd?
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Take it easy. Does it matter much to you? There will be fluctuations. You need not become obsessive in points or rank. much.

Other members do not care about the points scored by you, as by the good quality posts from you. So continue with posting good contents. You will automatically rise up the scale.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

I remember having read in the guidelines that the points earned in last 30 days is given higher weightage while determining the member rank. The author may therefore look into the points earned during last 30 days aspect also. It is not simple arithmetics of points earned during last week.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#570777: Just now I have checked. If my performance of the last 30 days is considered, I am in 6th position.
    Really perplexed!

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Mr. Partha Kansabanik,

The member rank depends upon contribution in last 30 days but not on the contribution in last 7 days (week). Here is the information of member ranking system.

Let us continue learning.

Partha (#570779) - You are at seventh position during last 30 days with 1099 points as per data displayed under 'Top Contributors'.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#570783: Mr. Yeluripati, thanks for your guidance. Please read my previous response (#570777).

#570785 (Mr. Partha Kansabanik) - When I responded, its not there. So, I responded. No offence meant.

Let us continue learning.

It so happens. I was doing well in ISC and at one stage I crossed my 10000 mark in 9 months of my subscribing to ISC membership. I reached 22nd rank and now struggling to retain the 40th position. It all depends on how we contribute during the week vis-a-vis others performance. Take it easy!
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Partha your position is actually 8th for the last 30 days performance. When you click on more, you get your real ranking. Anyway, what does it matter whether your ranking is 21st or 22nd. Don't get obsessed with points, ranking and earnings. Take it easy. I remember, when you were relatively new to this site, you used to declare that points or cash credit were not of much concern to you. It was contribution that mattered to you the most. Why the change in stance then?
    Patience and perseverance pays

Partha,
    Sambhavami yuge yuge. Whatever has to happen that would happen . There is some means and methods to calculate our member level. It fluctuates even with one point plus or minus. So, have peace and adopt take it easy policy. You don't lose or gain anything with the member rank.

No life without Sun ¤

#570801: My position is still unchanged! I am not going to lose my sleep over this slip in ranking. But as a student of Maths., I am only trying to find the reason for this phenomenon. It is only for calculation purpose. I am not pointing finger to anybody.

When I joined this site my rank was in 1000, but after some days I found it 393, I did not understand the algorithm, I thought it is basis of points earned by member from the day of joining, then after continuous active participation I saw my rank is decreasing day by day and now I have reached at 162 in 10 days, then I understood there is some secret method to calculate this rank, or it might be the current days activity not the total points earned by member. SO I am not worried if there will be some increase and decrease of rank, as it all depend upon our activities and participation at this site.

Sign In to post your comments