You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Red curvy lines are not appearing below typed text. What to do ?

I take pride in being fussy about spelling mistakes. I have a habit of reading and re-reading my typed text as many times as required for weeding out spelling mistakes.
    However since last few days, those system generated red curvy lines are not appearing below my typed text. I don't remember having done anything about that. All of a sudden it started happening so.
    What may be the possible reasons and how those red curvy lines can be restored. I am facing lot of difficulties in correcting spellings without the same.
    Have any other ISCian faced similar issues?
    Please guide me about the subject matter.
    This is common to everyone. All of us are not perfect when it comes to writing perfect spelling and sentence. We do make mistake and thanks to Google spell checker, we could able to submit our writings with grace. After typing make right click and the dialogue of check spell appears and that should be ticked. If that is done every mistake you do would be underlined with red. Please note that some time our heading is not corrected even by the spell checker. Please post the heading in this box, see for any corrections and then post the same in heading spot and remove the entry here. This way you would be submitting the right post without any error.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Please offer me technical guidance in sorting out my problem. What should I do to restore appearance of red curvy lines in case of wrongly typed spellings.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

My laptop is very moody. Sometimes red line appears in case of spelling mistake, sometimes it does not. Only Members having technical expertise in the relevant field, can properly guide.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Misspell a word -> select it -> right click - > select the option 'check spelling'. You are done!

Hope that helps!

Gypsy - My question is as to how to restore automated i.e. system generated red curvy lines.

Have you tried what I told you in my previous response? That should 've solved your problem, I think, did it not?

Thank you, it is done now.

The pleasure is all mine, Kailash!

In the first post itself my response was clear for the author to understand and get activated regarding the spell checker. Any way the problem is sorted out and that is the end of the story,
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.