You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you ever had the guts to tame your Corporator ,MLA or MP ?

We all know the politicians are surviving with our permission and blessing by the virtue of our valuable votes. But when they wont care us nor attend to our basic problems , we have the right to tame them in public. The public also supports us. The present road condition near our house on the main road is pathetic by frequently digging by different departments and added to that heavy rains made the road further worst not suitable for road users. The department is not taking any action even for temporary repair. That peeved every one and I also joined the stir to tame the MLA who visited there. When public was requesting, I demanded his action for which everyone appreciated me.
    Never. Although they (the local MP, local MLA and local Corporator) visit our colony fairly regularly, I tend to avoid all of them.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha why should avoid them. Being educated and having the ability to question others, we must exercise our rights to basics , then only these representatives would mend their ways.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The MP of our area is from BJP, MLA is from AAP and the Corporator is again from BJP. The main opposition members at all these three levels are from Congress. They come to our locality regularly because this is an Officers' Colony, but their main attraction is a nearby slum, from where they garner vote much easily only by giving promises.
    As Government employees, all people from our locality avoid them.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Incidentally even after crossing the milestone of 60 years of age, I never had any requirement of meeting any political functionary for any work.
    There may be few exceptions, but most of them are not of any use. They just waste time by making promises, though do nothing. Many people feel happy even after meeting them and shaking hands with them. My experiences is that it is better to maintain a distance from them and never approach them to the possible extent.
    What type of work, they are supposed to do?
    They are the most selfish people and always on look out for trapping some gullible individual for exploitation. Being powerful they are in a position to take advantage of the individual approaching them for any work.
    Generally people who are indulged in some kind of unauthorised activity, need to contact such persons for getting the same regularised etc.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments