You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Moment and movement - please discuss with your experience.

I hope mostly on a flash reading, people would have taken it interchangeable between the words, moment and movement and that is happened recently in my entry to TOW on adventure when I talked about each and every movement of a child inside a womb but the responses are mostly based on each and every moment and hence I had this thought.

What are the other pair of words which can be taken it interchangeable but mostly leads to same situation.

Members can discuss about these two pair of words or any other pair of words and discuss it with their experience.
    Such pair of words are called 'homophones'. Their pronunciation sounds similar, but they have different meanings and spellings.
    Some of the common examples of such pairs of words are as follows -
    1. Brake/Break
    2. Maid/Made
    3. Pray/Prey
    4. Sale/Sail
    5. Male/Mail
    6. Tale/Tail
    7. Great/Grate
    8. Naval/Navel
    9. Plate/Plait
    10. Gait/Gate

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Kailash thank you for your pair of words, but this thread is to discuss with your experiences on such pair of words
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Sometimes typing mistakes occur while using such words. Earlier I had a bad habit of typing 'their' as 'there' or vice versa. However over the period of time, I developed a practice of checking and re-checking typed contents and thus could overcome the bad habit.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The other words we get confused are :
    Diary and Dairy
    Advise and Advice
    Trial and Trail
    Hear and Here
    Their and There
    Dais and Dice
    Two and Too
    Lye and Lie
    Colour and Collar
    College and Collage
    Beer and Bear