You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do people get their vehicles serviced on dates recommended in the manufacturers manual?

When we buy a new vehicle - be it a two wheeler or a four wheeler, we get a manual in which preventive maintenance / servicing schedule is charted. Do people follow the same meticulously?
    I am not talking about initial free servicing, but about the subsequent paid services.
    Many people have habit of going on plying their vehicles till they get stranded somewhere on the road and only then take the recourse of visiting a mechanic, often the nearest roadside vendor.
    Do people get their vehicles serviced on dates recommended in the manufacturers manual?
    What I noticed all these years that people are prompt enough to avail those free services provided for first three service and then the service charges are levied and from there people wont give their vehicle. It may be noted here that during the fourth service only the engine tuning is done and the mileage point is set to good yield. Not knowing this many two wheeler owners wont avail the fourth service which is paid one and also fail to maintain the engine oil level which is the must for four stroke engines, otherwise the vehicle get stranded and wont start with button pressing. So vehicle maintenance as to be done with same priority as we take food regularly on fixed time.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mohan Ji has shared a very pertinent point related to following the periodic preventive maintenance schedule. In company authorised workshops, generally well trained mechanics are available and there is less hazard of getting the original parts replaced with a spurious one.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments