You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Active GD- Should Delhi be an independent state- Best participants!

The recently concluded group discussion on the topic Should Delhi be an independent state found very few takers.

I don't think anyone will be amused by the idea of having a fixed panel of participants in our group discussions as we often find in television channels 24X7 and so we need to be more receptive to such calls and must be benevolent in coming up with our independent views and thoughts.

On that note, I am announcing the best participants of this Active GD in the order of preference so that others can follow suit. The best participants (though all had done their bit) are-

Dhruv
    Partha Kansabanik
    Timmappa kamat
    ar
    Bhushan

Each of the winners will find Rs 100/- added to their account.

I request our members to join me in congratulating the best participants.
    Well done Dhruv,Partha Kansabanik,Timmappa kamat,ar and Bhushan for being the best participants of the Active GD. My heartiest congratulations to all you guys.
    No life without Sun ¤

Congratulation to all winners, I found the GD topic is much more interesting than any other post, as we discuss, learn new knowledge and win cash rewards for that.

Awards Credited.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

If success is 1, then its definite that you're starting from Zero!

Thank you Sultan! It was real quick!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Congratulations to my co-winners Mr. Dhruv, Mr. Kamat, Ms. ar and Mr. Bhushan for their great performance in this interesting GD. As far as I am concerned, fortunately this time also, the Editor is kind enough to bestow the honour of one of the best participants on me.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

My heartiest congratulations to the participants of the group discussion declared best - Dhruv, Partha Kansabanik, Timmappa kamat, ar and Bhushan.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Feels great, to be one among the winning participants. Thanks ISC, thanks everyone and congrats to all the other winners. It was nice participating in a GD after a long gap. Hope others too will participate in good numbers in the coming editions.
    Patience and perseverance pays

That is indeed great to be among the winning participants for the active GD. This is the very second GD that I have participated and it is really humbling to see my name being announced as the winner. After the Star of the week award received back in March, this is the one of the major awards I could lay my hands on!

Congratulations co winners - Partha, Dhruv, ar and Bhushan.

Live....and Let Live...!

Congratulations to winners of GD Dhruv, Partha Kansabanik, Timmappa kamat, ar and Bhushan.

My heartiest congratulations to the winners of GD Dhurv,Partha Kansabanik, Timmappa Kamat, ar and Bhusan for their creative writings. Hope they would maintain this tempo even in the times ahead.

My best wishes and complements to GD best participants like Dhruv,Partha Kansabanik,Timmappa Kamat,ar and Bhushan and eventually they won the award for being better than others argument.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

It is unfair to declare winners like this you have to declare the winner or winner list not as a best participant list who had express their views and convince you that their argument is right .Even though I am in the awardee list I really not enjoying this cash credits and points.
    If you ask your doubt you are fool for 5 minutes but if you don't you are fool forever -- Chinese proverb

Congratulatons to the winner participants :
    Dhruv , Partha Kansabanik ,Timmappa kamat, ar and Bhushan

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

I would wish to differ from the views expressed by Bhushan above. It has been a regular practice to announce the winners of an active GD in this manner. There cannot be a single best participant in a GD - if that is what you mean to tell us.

It is indeed a good practice to pick a couple of participants who have expressed their views convincingly.

Live....and Let Live...!

#57148 No, what I mean to say is you have to declare them as winners otherwise it will be consolation prizes. If you do not like any one argument you have to say I didn't like any one's argument I am not going to declare any winners. On the above mentioned list only one winner is in favor of Delhi needs to a separate Independent statehood and others are against of the Independent statehood. What is the conclusion you are giving?What the GD yields.....
    If you ask your doubt you are fool for 5 minutes but if you don't you are fool forever -- Chinese proverb

#571481: I think Mr. Bhushan has been hurt by the choice of words of the concerned Editor. It is little bit tough to digest the following sentence:
    "I don't think anyone will be amused by the idea of having a fixed panel of participants in our group discussions as we often find in television channels 24X7 and so we need to be more receptive to such calls and must be benevolent in coming up with our independent views and thoughts."

My comments are:-
    In this GD, adequate time was given to enable more Members to participate. I myself was a late entrant in this GD. Even then many Members fail to participate. This means they can't and don't want to contribute in this debate. So the 'fixed panel' took all the honours.

If no other participant wants/has the ability to participate in 100m. race, then Usain Bolt would take all the honours, every time, isn't it?

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Congratulations to all the winners or say the best participants-
    Dhruv , Partha Kansabanik ,Timmappa kamat, ar and Bhushan.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

A big thank you to all the members who responded in this thread,editors,cobtestants of the group discussion.It was really a very interesting debate and we gained a lot of knowledge about the topic.Hoping for more such GD's every week!
    Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

Bhushan @ 571476, what is unfair? Not declaring a winner? I fail to understand your resentment because the same was not heard in the last GD winners announcement. I think we were having a group discussion and those who had been actively and qualitatively involved have been selected as the best participants. How do you conclude that it has been an unfair decision? It is our practice, as Timmappa has rightly pointed out, to declare only best participants in a GD. It is not the question of for or against the topic given but it depends a lot on how you justify your point and how much is your contribution towards making the GD really active (other deciding factors excluded) that matters. Best participants are, for your kind information, the winners actually for putting up and standing by their point.

Partha @ 571499, is there really something wrong with my choice of words? Go through the thread once again and you will realize that I had not made any wrong choices.

**Let us not deviate. You are free to raise any points in a separate thread.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Congratulations to the best participants of the GD 'Should Delhi be an independent state?' - Dhruv, Partha Kansabanik, Timmappa kamat, ar, Bhushan.

Let us continue learning.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.