You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why the newly wed couples display their love and affection in public ?

It is natural that when people get married they get to go closer with one another. They can stay put inside their home and show love and affection, but when it comes to public places and road, they should restraint themselves and behave well. I had been to restaurant to have some snacks and saw a young couple doing all kinds of gestures much to the annoying of others. They are not caring who is sitting and who is watching them. They are simply in their world of enjoyment unmindful of on lookers watching their every gesture. I got ashamed. What you say ?
    So two young people were 'in their world of enjoyment', while onlookers such as yourself were getting ashamed. That sounds more like a problem with the onlookers than with that young couple.

If you don't like what you see, you're welcome to close your eyes, or to look elsewhere.

Vulgarity lies in the beholder's eyes. That is exactly what I would wish to say about this episode. These are the modern times and you need not be ashamed by looking at what they are doing.

With absolutely no offence meant to the author of the thread, let me straightaway pose a question - is there any need for us to be really tense about what the general public is doing?

Live....and Let Live...!

If I am ashamed means you can blame it on my lack of awareness of modern love making. But how come others too ?
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

@ K Mohan sir, it is not about modernize, it does not happen only with married couples, even unmarried couples moving around the street, park, cinema theater now days behaving is such a way, we feel ashamed, because we afraid whether our child might behave such things in future. that is the main inferiority. Nothing else, or else just forget them and let them enjoy in their world.
    Or else holding hands, hugging, kissing, this is not a big issue, because people get ashamed by seeing these things but you must be aware that Delhi Rape case ( NIRBHAYA), no body get ashamed by seeing a naked injured girl on the road for 30 minutes who was seeking serious help.

Nowadays young males and females remain at close proximity with each other, be it in schools, colleges, universities and workplaces. Moreover, they are more exposed to western life-style, thanks to media and western films. As a result, showing affection in public has been increasing.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

This is just a mind set. do you think that now days people are more weak about love, cuddling, sex etc, the answer is no. Previously kings were having sex with their queen where was there was just a screen on their bed and their employees were engaged to provide them security as well as for other services.
    So what was that? It is all about what we like and what we do not?

Mohan,
    You are in such an age that you cannot see and tolerate the youngsters in their present age. It is true that you might not have enjoyed your life in that way. There is nothing wrong if the newly wedded couples are cheerful in the public places like hotel, restaurant, park, cinema theatre etc. It is not only the newly wedded, but also the old couple who have liberty and freedom to enjoy their life in a public place. The maximum they can do is to go to the extent of kissing which has become normal in our society. While we can practice English language, why not we practice the culture of the British.

Moreover, in a congested cities like Hyderabad, where many people dwell in a single room space without any privacy or secrecy, only the public place is heaven for them. Please do not bother about the young newly wedded couples joy and happiness.

The onlookers should spare the newly weds and keep away from them.

No life without Sun ¤

Getting married is not a mean achievement. Prior to marriage, mostly people carve for it and wait for their big day eagerly. When eventually, their dreams come true i.e. when they actually get married, they tend to shout aloud from the top of the mountain that look people, I have got my love.
    In their such overwhelming enthusiasm, they tend to showcase their married status, which is indeed a major life event , to the whole world and forget as to where they are and what they are doing.
    The initial period of the marriage i.e. the literal honeymoon period remains totally immersed in such thoughts, feelings and sweet nothingness till the hard realities of life gradually take over.
    It is also true that it depends on the onlookers / watchers eyes also. In Mumbai like cities, nobody cares. There it is possible to maintain privacy within a crowd.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#571626 : I support Mr. Sun to some extent. In crowded cities with very few parks (those also occupied by children and elderly people), crowded public places give the couple much needed anonymity and privacy. In such places, very few people bother to notice public display of love.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

All fingers are not same. All couples are not maintaining their lifestyle as you found in the restaurant. However, as Mohan sir said I've seen many newly wedded couples are not shy and feel modest in open places. Such manners can be happen due to several reasons. May be, They're in love before marriage. or They're very curious about marriage. or They're unmannered. or They're childish in nature. or They want to show up others about their relationship. or They're blind / mad in love. or Any reason.

At the end one thing I'd like to say, we shouldn't notice what other's perform in public places, until and unless they're acting vulgarly, absurdly and illicitly. If they perform vulgarly and illicitly in public places, must inform the police and then punished as per country's law.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

We have had an overdose of threads on PDA (public display of affection). Please avoid such topics repeatedly. In fact, avoid it completely I would request. Why not have better topics to talk about?!
    Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.