You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

While posting responses, duplicate ones are rejected by system then why not messages ?

I would like to bring to the notice of our beloved webmaster Tony that when we are posting a response to a thread, the system is not accepting the duplicate entry which is good. But at the same time when we are creating a thread and loading the same, sometimes two similar entries appear and that gives much embarrassment to the author. Due to server problem the same posts appear twice in the opening page of ISC and thus the editors are requested to remove the duplicate post. Please make some changes in configurations that we should not get duplicate post even by raising threads.
    Yes, I also support the views of Mr. Mohan. The duplication of posts, responses and messages create lots of problems and confusion. Change in configurations is necessary.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I support the idea in principle, but let us see if it is technically feasible and can be introduced easily. It sometimes happen with me also. Not only server problem, but connectivity issues also result in duplication of the same thread. Sometimes glitches occur in system generation of points also.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I too support your idea Mr. Mohan. Due to connectivity problems etc., issues like this occur. The frequency of 'forum thread raised twice' is increasing. Yesterday, I noticed a thread raised twice. Today, the same happened to you. It would be better if the configuration is modified to resolve this issue.

Let us continue learning.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have fixed it now.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Wow that was expected from our webmaster. He is amiable to useful suggestions that are fit for implementation. Thanks.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.