You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Would you leave ISC if you find a site more rewarding than ISC?

Members,
    Just imagine. You have found a site on the Internet which is more rewarding than ISC. You found it more attractive and very interesting. You can earn a quick money many folds than what you get from ISC. Also, it is a best site for learning like ISC.

What would you do?
    1.Will you say good bye to ISC forever?
    2.Will you continue to be a member of ISC?
    3.Will you work parallelly at the new site and at ISC?
    4.Will you work hard there to earn, and work less at ISC whenever you get time?
    Unpleasant though it may seem on hearing, but the fact is that most of the new members are joining ISC on getting attracted by its catch phrase - 'Learn to Earn, Earn to Learn'. Such members disappear also soon after realizing that it is not easy to earn.
    According to my rough estimate, on an average not more than Rs. 1000 can be earned by a member through ISC activity in normal course. Though there are many schemes of organizing contests etc. to encourage the newly joined members by rewarding them, but seldom very few of them continue.
    Regarding the specific question raised by the author, my answer is that I will personally join the other website in case the atmosphere is more intellectually stimulating there i.e. my decision will not be based on the earning potential at the other website.
    As a matter of fact few ISCians are already members of other websites, but since there is no earning scheme on other sites, they are continuing at ISC. Few such authors are borrowing contents from the other sites and using the same at ISC for survival.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

To answer this question, we have to first define the word 'rewarding'. Reward doesn't always mean monetary reward. Many Members of ISC are continuing in this site not because monetary rewards. I feel that some Members actually developed a virtual bonding with one another in ISC and the unique competitive environment provided in this platform is an added attraction.
    So, if any site provides better virtual interaction, bonding and more opportunity for competitive event, some Members may reduce their writing frequency in this site, if not totally stop. Some will continue because of their unwillingness to explore such sites. And many will continue in this site taking a conscious decision.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Hi Sun & all!
    Glad to see you all after a long time...
    ISC is India's best educational surfing site with thousands of authors with their great and genuine writings. After a long gap of 3 years I logged-in to ISC yesterday and found my old friends with same spirit and regular participations. Now I'm posting my opinions to Sun's questions.

Answer to 1st: If I can log in after 3 years and sharing my views and thoughts with you means I can't say good bye to ISC.

2nd: I'm an ISCian and will be a lifelong member of ISC until and unless the webmaster rejects my account.

3rd: I didn't found any competitive site of ISC till now. ISC is very special and very perfect in editing contents. So the quality is not compromised here. I learn a lot of things at ISC. For a short tenure I was an Editor also; during that period I learn several things from Vandana mam, and other co-editors.

4th: As I said I didn't found any similar or better site than ISC. However, I used to write articles and contents for my blogs and sites. I never spend time for earning money here and not in blogging.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Some of the members are in ISC just to learn. I saw a gold member who didn't even get 1 payment till now. In a similar way, there are some members who just want to earn. The former will shift to the other site if they can learn more there. The latter will shift to the other site if they can earn more there. Other members who want to learn and earn (like me) will use both the sites. My answers to the questions you asked are:
    1) I put up a goal in ISC. I will think of saying goodbye only after completing that goal even if it takes years.
    2) I will continue to be a member of ISC but may be for half the time I am spending now in ISC (the other half in that other site).
    3) I will work in both sites.
    4) I will spend half of my contribution time there and half of it here.

Let us continue learning.

I think this post wont be relevant for many members like me who are regulars and consistent in this site. Many members are not contributing here for money or wasting their valuable time. They are here to enhance their knowledge and also help others to acquire some. And if at all there could be a site which promises good money for the contributors, having a try there may not amount to violation of any duty here. For me wasting time in other site would be uncalled for and I shall stick to this site as I was accepted, followed and accustomed to usage in wide prospective.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Well, you just need time for the contributions. As is well known, members of ISC are not full time writers. They are working professionals with an active interest in creative writing. So, as long as they get enough time to contribute, they will not mind if they have to work on multiple sites.

Having said that, I have been active on multiple writing activities on different sites along with ISC. I must admit that I get more money from the other site ( would not name it here, though) on which I work than what I get on ISC. I make more than two thousand ( at the least) from other writing activities per month. In comparison, I get not more than a few hundreds here. But what keeps me working here is the kind of creative urge you get to relieve. ISC about everything that is under the sun and that is exactly what makes it click with members.

So that would mean I will continue working with ISC even when I find another site that pays me more ( I already have one).

Live....and Let Live...!

There are many websites in the world if you want to earn better than ISC and if you have skills then you can surely get opportunities to work for any website as a content writer. The only disadvantage is they won't give you authorship but pay will be a lot better than ISC.

ISC is good for those who want to work at any time without any targets. It won't be good for anyone to spend a lot of time and earn only 1000 rupees at ISC. Most of the people will leave if there is a better opportunity with better earning and environment.

I had spelt it clearly in many occasions and contexts earlier also. It was just a coincidence that I found ISC and joined. . Then somehow I liked and stayed on.There was no aim and idea of earning money. But when a bit of it came I accepted it gladly.

There is no guarantee that ISC will keep me for ever or I will stay on in ISC for ever. But as far as the mutual comfort and convenience goes I will continue in ISC.

But just because I 'find a site more rewarding', I will not desert ISC. The possibility is that I may join that site too.
    Before a child is born to us we are exclusively loyal to our spouse. But that does not mean that we will leave our spouse after child is born. The fact is that our happiness will increase as we have both now. We will maintain and love both.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

(deleted due to inadvertent duplication)
    ==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Sign In to post your comments