You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Amul is the only brand which is advertising as per current affairs. Hats off.

I am the ardent fan of Amul advertisement as we can learn more creativity from each of their advertisement which is largely based on the current affairs across the globe. The latest one being the the best. We all know Therasa May has taken over as the New British Prime Minister after the latest turnaround due to exit of Britain from European Union and that forced the change in leadership. So the installation of new Prime Minister May was honored with a ad which reads as " Yes Prime Maynister" probably citing the popular serial and the byline as Amul "Downing treats", Have you ever came across such intelligent ads ?
    The history of Amul is fascinating. In the year 1946, the farmers of the Anand town of Gujarat went on a strike to protest against the exploitative trade practices of the local milk trade cartel. They approached the great Indian patriot Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel for a solution who advised them to form their own cooperative. Presently the Amul has emerged as the largest milk producer in the world. More than 1.5 crore milk producers collect their milk in 1,44,500 dairy cooperative societies across the country which is processed in 184 District Co-operative Unions and marketed by 22 State Marketing Federations.
    During my first posting at Mumbai in the period 1983 to 1986, there was a huge bill board in front of my office building above Asiatic store which was just opposite Churchgate station. I used to watch intently the Amul ad which used to be changed as far as I remember every week.
    One I still remember which had portrayed that 'Azharuddin ne to pakka khaya hai' ( Azharuddin has eaten it for sure). Those were the days of match fixing.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

AMUL had long been involved in coming up with ads based on current affairs. I remember having seen such ads right from my childhood.

AMUL has been quite successful with its piggybacking on the current affairs. It has indeed been a great strategy.

Live....and Let Live...!

I remember a portion on a video clip wherein the narrator was talking about a small town guy. He used to be fluent in Marathi and less fluent in English and Hindi; a combination which seemed useless for national media. But when he combined his passion for sketching and current affairs with these, Amul ads were born.

I've seen a number of intelligent ads; Fevicol, Carlsberg, just to name a few. I've also seen advertising based on current affairs. Nana Choudasama is one such example. You can clearly see his contextual satire on current affairs on a crude hoarding in Matunga, Mumbai.
    But I'm yet to see a combination of both those, besides Amul.

Let's see the world from different perspectives

Thanks Kailash for sharing 'Azharuddin ne to pakka khaya hai' which was bang on the happenings in those days.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Yes, Amul's ads are based on current affairs. On the other hand, advertisements of 'Fevicol' and similar products (Pidilite Industries) are different and attractive. Also Pidilite doesn't take celebrities in the company's ads.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments