You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Delhi

Where Is Free WiFi, Arvind Kejriwal Asked On 'Talk To AK'.

Arvind Kejriwal, the Chief Minister of Delhi, told a caller at his interactive session "Talk to AK" that his promise of free WiFi in the capital has been stalled by the recent arrest of his aide Rajendra Kumar for corruption. "Arvind sir, where is the free WiFi scheme? Why hasn't it happened till now?"
    The Chief Minister replied: "Rajendraji was looking after it. I have to appoint a new officer now."
    He also revealed that the project would take two to three years.

Is further comment necessary?
    Politics is said to be the art of the possible. It means that it doesn't matter as to what is right and what is the best. It is about what actually one can get done.
    Most of the voters including the illiterate laborer of the remote village know that the politician will never fulfill his/her promise, but still they cast their vote for them. For such voters even a dole of booze is better than nothing. At least elections give them something to get intoxicated though after a gap of generally five years.
    In the cities people get carried away on promises like free electricity, water and nowadays Wi Fi.
    The politicians cleverly chart out the needs and aspirations of the different segment of voters and prepare their election manifesto accordingly.
    I don't think the electorate of Delhi will repeat the Aap Government again. They have learnt enough though in a very hard way.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This is one more example of promising a moon in the palm. I fail to understand as to why the politicians stoop to the level of promising something which is not in their hands and then repent for not having done that. But voters are intelligent. They remember every promise made by the parties and would certainly get the things done. Like wise TRS government in Telangana also promised free education from KG to PG but that is not implemented so far. The public is furious as two good years have passed and there is no work about that promise. So promises are made to be forgotten and that is well followed by the politicians of all clan.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments