Are you aware about safety precautions to be taken during lightening?During thunderstorm and lightening, following precautions should be taken by all concerned -
1. Bring pets indoors as they get very scared during lightning and thunder. Under such circumstances they are likely to panic or run away to escape the storm.
2. Wired telephones are dangerous during thunderstorms as lightning may travel through telephone wires. Mobile phones and cordless handsets are relative safe.
3. Unplug the expensive electronic items like computers, televisions etc. when thunderstorm is expected.
4. Plumbing lines also can conduct electricity from outside during thunderstorms. Wait to use sinks, showers, tubs, and toilets etc. during such period.
5. Don't play video games connected to the TV.
6. Never touch wiring during a thunderstorm.
Have you encountered any unpleasant situation during lightening or a thunderstorm.