You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Punjab

How do you see Navjot Singh Sidhu's resignation

I have today read the report about Navjot Singh Sidhu, the BJP RajyaSabha MP and well known cricketer resigning his Rajya Sabha seat. It is also reported that his wife Navjot Kaur Sidhu has resigned from BJP.

It is also rumoured that Sidhu will be joining AAP. There are indirect 'welcome' signs from AAP. It is even doubted he may be the chief ministerial candidate for AAP.

How do you feel about this latest development?
    Navjot Singh Sidhu was upset since 2014 when he was asked to not to contest from Amritsar, the constituency he had represented for 10 years to make way for Arun Jaitley. He was charged by local BJP leaders with sabotaging the election when Jaitley lost the election.
    Sidhu was given the Rajya Sabha nomination in April, 2016 in a bid to prevent him from joining the Aam Aadmi Party. His wife Navjot Kaur Sidhu is doctor by profession and was elected to assembly in 2012 from Amritsar as a candidate of Bharatiya Janata Party. She had earlier announced her resignation on Facebook but later changed her mind. However she is also set to resign.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Well in politics shifting or jumping to other party is always seen for green pastures and the same thing happened with Sidhu. He was continuing in BJP with conditional silence and he is the talkative person on issues. And having seen cold war between Kejriwal and Modi which is turning to be a blessing in disguise for AAP which bidding its entry in to Panjab Assembly, probably Kejriwal not finding the right candidate to lead his party in that state might have offered him CM post of AAP wins there. Surely that is the big offer for the sulking leader and hence he chose to shift sides. Nevertheless the voters know what he has done as BJP MP and would act accordingly.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Gone are the days when parties and party-men used to have a particular ideologies. There even if a leader do not get his deserving position in party he used to stay for support for his ideology.
    Now politics and parties have turned to a game where every one searches for own individual profit. Even at national or state level election are won and lost on individual's names. So in such situation it can be digested that yes, he have left BJP not for the differences of political basis but may also be for own growth in politics.
    But he should also remember what happened to Kiran Bedi in Delhi. BJP also thought she is well known name with good and positive fame but nothing helped them in Delhi state election. Not every coin goes in the market. Sidhhu ji should consider every aspect and possibility of his decision. And he should not project his resignation as protest. He should soon declare his intention for his resignation.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

I think Sidhu was waiting for the right time to take a decision in this regard considering the fact that his relation with the BJP leadership was strained. He will join the AAP if reports are to be believed and will be projected as the Chief Ministerial candidate of the party in Punjab. We will have to wait and see if his decision was correct.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Well, it was a known fact that he has had a strained releationship with the BJP in general and the local leadership in Punjab in particular. Maybe he was waiting in silence to take a decision and now when he feels the time is ripe, he has switched sides.

Whether he joins AAP or not has not yet been confirmed, however, there are brighter chances of that happening. Maybe everything will be clear in a couple of days.

Live....and Let Live...!

Will Sidhu suit AAP and will it be comfortable for him there? I think he may have more difficulty in adjusting with AAP than BJP.
    ==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

I agree with your thought, kind of person he is, will have difficulties there also as AAP is also in hand of a few people whose orders has to be followed. Even there no one is allowed to work freely and to speak anything one just wish to.
    Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Sign In to post your comments