You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

What is this- a new feature or an alert

A little while ago I posted a forum thread under Poltics-Punjab. On review I found a grammar/syntax error. I pressed edit button and went on to edit and submit. However the edit did not succeed and I got the screen notification as attached.
    The unedited thread remains so.

Those who know please enlighten me.

screenshot of notification message
    Venkiteswaranji,

This is a new feature implemented by Tony Sir to ensure a member does not post a duplicate thread. It was suggested by K Mohan in this thread. However, if you are getting the message when trying to edit & correct a grammar error, then that should not be so I think. It ought to appear only if indeed you did post a similar thread.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Looks like I introduced a bug while making the enhancement suggested by Mohan. I have fixed it now. Thanks for reporting this.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thanks, Vandana & Tony for prompt response and remedial action.
    It was related to this thread and now I could edit the same. Thanks.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

It seems the Panjab thread raised by you must have clicked double time while loading and thus our webmaster has fixed it now. Hence forth we wont be bothered with double messages which was regular in the past. Thanks Tony.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.