You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Let us pay reverence to our Gurus on this Guru Poornima day.

We all know that the full moon day in the Aashadam month is being celebrated as the Guru Poornima day and today we are going to remember all those mentors who were the significant contributors to our life knowledge and progress. On this occasion I pay my revereance to my primary teachers, high school teachers, Junior college lecturers and degree college lecturers through whom I was taught the education. I also pay my respect to all those elders who guided me like guru for my well being so far.
    Guru Purnima is the first full moon day after the solstice, which is very significant. On this day, doing meditation with full moon, giving thankful to everything, eating light food, listening to music is very effective for health & wealth. Guru means 'dispeller of darkness' in Sanskrit. Guru Vyas Dev wrote four Vedas due to which this dedicated to all Gurus in the world.
    Our first Guru is mother, then father and then teacher from whom we learn everything. So, let us dedicate and express our humble love to all the Gurus to be blessed with more knowledge and bliss.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar will felicitate all MPs having an academic background, in a brief function to be held in Parliament house complex.
    It is believed by many that Vyasa, the author of the Mahabharata was born to sage Parashara and a fisherman's daughter Satyavati on this day and therefore this day is celebrated as Vyasa Purnima also.
    Many schools, colleges and universities celebrate this day by all academics thanking their teachers.
    However with the tradition of celebrating September, 5 as the Teachers Day in India, often confusion prevails in new generation students.
    Let us thank and express our gratitude to this website - IndiaStudyChannel on this day through which we learn so many things on almost daily basis.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes, as Mohan sir, told the Poornima day of Aashaada Month is meant for Guru Pooja. The birth day of Veda Vyas, also called as Krishnadwaibhaayanar who wrote Mahabharat is celebrated as Guru Poornima. There are shrines for Veda Vyas in Lord Murugan Temple of Thirupparankundram, Madurai District and Lord Sugavaneswar Temple of Salem Town which is worth seeing to worship Veda vyas on this guru poornima day.
    In those days according Hindu Puranas, we can understand that the Lord/God himself came as Guru to many devotees to establish the necessity of a Guru to learn a thing especially to seek mukthi from this birth and death cycle. Example is Lord Shiva came in the form of Dakshinamurthy to teach Sanakathi munis. Lord Shiva came as Guru to Vaathavooraar of Madurai Kingdom and named him as Manickavasagar

Sign In to post your comments