You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is this worth it to risk your life as a soldier?

We all are aware of turmoil going in Kashmir, I do not want to argue who is wrong, who is right there. Every one has right to have their own view and this will remain controversial always.
    I am discussing what is left to the soldiers to motivate them to risking their lives every moment. I just have a small chat with an old friend( Boy posted in kashmir these days), he is living far from home, in very stressed situation. When I called just to make him feel light and on asking how are you dear? His reply was heartrending, "Jivan ka arth dhund raha hun di"?(He was junior to me in NDA coaching.)
    I tried laughing it off, but he was damn serious in his words." I am not with my family, I am not able to help my ill parents, I am not able to meet my friends, I am not able to do anything for them."
    I just tried making him feel easy and turned direction towards old days and fun we had within our group.
    Conversation (and news I read) left me with a thought, are their sacrifice is worth it? They are getting facilities, they are feeling proud among themselves but who else cares?
    The life of soldiers is completely different and due to which we can't comment and explain about them. They're 24/7in alert in their whole life, either be in duty or at leave. The situation of Kashmir is very hazardous. I've seen a video in Facebook, in which hundreds of local college students (boys and girls) came on the road, appearing destructing the govt property, throwing stones and beating the army personnel in a group. I didn't understand what actual the situation is and what's going on there? The current case in Kashmir is completely different as compared to LOC.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

It is a very sensitive issue and we have to express our opinion very cautiously. Soldier join army and if need arises go for the supreme sacrifice also to protect the nation and its people. They are revered and accorded highest possible degree of respect. Their philosophy about the life is different and they volunteer to choose the service on their own accord.
    Who else will save our borders and protect us from the onslaught of the enemy forces. In addition to the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force, there are paramilitary forces like Indian Coast Guard, Assam Rifles and Special Frontier Force etc.
    Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) are known as the central armed police forces.
    All such forces render yeoman services to the citizens of the countries during peace time also e.g. during natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, tsunami, communal riots etc.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

In my opinion, the sacrifice of soldiers is worthy. They are the ones who are protecting our country from invasions etc,. When we enjoy our life here, they are struggling in the extreme climate conditions for our country. I mean, our problems are little when compared to theirs (the ones with the family you mentioned). Also, only the people who want to risk their life for their country decide to become soldiers. Your friend is in some sort of stress now. I think he will become normal (try to do his best for both profession, family) once he is relieved of it.

Let us continue learning.

Yes the life of soldiers has become the talk of the time now as India is loosing many brave soldiers who are safe guarding our boarders and they are being targeted by terror groups for which they are not responsible. What I feel the high rank officers wont fight at the battle field and they simply say that "Aakraman" or " Bade Chalo" and the real position at the war field is take by the soldiers who takes lots of risk for their life. I have seen some photos displayed at the AOC head quarters in Secunderabad which describes how they live with minimal comfort and they have to some time carry their own wounded soldiers for safety and so on.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments