You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Humans are becoming insensitive towards animals

Just before few days we recovered from shock for the incident that happened were a man threw a puppy from top of the building. Thankfully puppy survived but with few fractures in its bones. Now another shocking incident has happened in Hyderabad were some teenagers have burnt few puppies alive in the graveyard. When the puppies are trying to move out of the fire, they pushing those puppies back into the fire.
    Why are humans becoming more and more cruel towards those innocent animals everyday? Is it because they are not afraid of anything and no action will be taken against them or is it they are using the power of being a human?
    Some strict actions should be taken against such cruelty and people should be punished severely.
    On the contrary, such incidences are being reported in the media because the humans have become more sensitive toward the cruelty against animals. Earlier there was no concept of 'animal rights' , organizations like People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and individuals like Maneka Gandhi.
    The organization 'People for Animals' founded by Maneka Gandhi is rendering yeoman service in sensitizing the individuals toward cruelty against animals. They believe that cruelty to animals has an impact on human health, economy and environment also.
    Laws like the Prevention of Cruelty Animals Act,1960; the Performing Animals Rules, 1973 and the Performing Animals (Registration) Rules, 2001; the Transport of Animals Rules, 1978; the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals( Slaughter House) Rules, 2001; the Experiments on Animals ( Control And Supervision) Rules, 1968 and the Wild Life Protection Act, 1972 etc. are already in force in India.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

No doubt, killing and torturing of animals is inhuman in nature. But I don't understand why do we follow dual nature? When innocent chickens and goats are cut into pieces for our consumption, nobody questions about that but why we are very sensitive to other animals?
    Similarly, when we hear about numerous incidents of stray dogs killing innocent babies, no discussion happens but people killing stray dogs attracts more attention. Do stray dogs have more law protection than human beings?

It was painful to even read what is being done to these poor animals. The little pain that I can feel for them is still too much to explain by any means.

They too have life and we are nobody to exploit them or kill them. This is really inhuman.

People who are annoyed from an animal should know that animals are not as annoying as you guys make it in minds. Our new neighbor's unhealthy dog used to bark a lot on us in the beginning. But, we never shooed it away. In fact, we used to give a little part of our food to that dog. After all these months, that dog guards our house as much as it guards our neighbor's house. When we come outside, this understanding dog spots us from anywhere, comes and sits near us. This is for the first time I got the chance the bond with an animal so well. And I have realized that dogs can be calm, understanding and 'mature' too. Well, that is how this dog behaves.

My motive to share this is to tell everyone that animals are not your enemies. Show them some love and they'll love you more.

This is really inhuman that some insensitive people are taking charge of an animal's life and ending it on their own will.

Regards,
    Ank Arya

"Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth"

This kind of act is quite inhuman in nature. The individuals involved in this act must be punished under the laws defined by Indian Government. It put ups a question mark on the humanity. How can a person burn these creatures which are so faithful that we keep them in our homes for safety. Also, some people treat them as their good friends and spend their whole day with them. Those culprits must be punished soon so that this activity should not be performed by others again.
    With regards,
    Ravi
    "Time & Tides waits for none"

Not offending anyone but, most people eat chicken, mutton etc,. by killing animals. I accept that it is inhuman and bad to kill animals in such a cruel way. But, why don't people question themselves when eating non vegetarian foods obtained as a result of killing poor animals? Coming to the point, such people should be punished. But, such extreme behaviors develop in people due to the surroundings in which they grew up. So, parents/guardians must take some measures to raise their children such that they don't turn out to be like this.

Let us continue learning.

They are completely psycho and don't have any knowledge of humanity. Their parents must be shame of this incident as due to their education and treatment only they became like this.
    As per my concerns they must be fined and jailed or punished by the law so that no one in future do such kind of acts.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

There is nothing good or bad in killing animals or burnt them. As non-veg eaters kill animals and eat the flesh, similarly there is psycho, or disturbed mind who does such things.
    @kailash kumar as you said there is PETA. Can they stop killing animals ( chicken, lamb, goat cow, etc).
    I think this PETA is just to get attention from other people that they are conscious about these animals and environment.
    Yes this is true that who ever throwing puppy, burning them in fire should get punished.

I fail to understand whether this thread is on the merits or demerits of non-vegetarian food, or, the unnecessary cruelty on animals!
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Swagatika (#572197) - Animals are slaughtered world over as a rich source of proteins component of the food. As a matter of fact, agriculture started much later than the hunting of wild animals for food.
    Nowadays there is a concern about not subjecting too much cruelty to animals prior to/during slaughtering process.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments