You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Gujarat hospital will waive-off charges if the newborn child is girl!

In a very welcome development, a private hospital in Ahmedabad has announced that it will waive-off all charges of the patient (mother) if the newborn baby is a girl! Ahmedabad-based Sindhu Hospital now offers a full waiver of hospital charges to couples if their newborn is a girl child. Mahadev Lohana, managing director of Sindhu Hospital, has said that the decision was taken after observing couples' preference for male child.
    This sort of small but significant steps will definitely ensure change of the mindset of people preferring male children.
    Prior to the Ahmedabad based Sindhu Hospital, Dr. Ganesh Rakh of Medicare Hospital Foundation Trust at Hadapsar in Pune, Maharashtra had announced a similar scheme. The entire hospital cerebrates the birth of the girl child by distributing sweets and entire hospital expenses are waived off in case the newborn is a girl.
    Dr Rakh's mission is to fight the evil of female foeticide which is rampant in Maharashtra. The initiative was launched on the occasion of Savitribai Phule birth anniversary on January 3, 2012.
    Generally the costs of normal delivery is Rs 10,000 and that of caesarian delivery is Rs 25,000. However Dr. Rath has not charged any money for the 432 girls delivered in his hospital (as on December, 2015).

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I didn't know about the similar scheme of Pune Hospital and the Dr. Rakh of that hospital. Such steps would help people to come out their irrational preference for mail children.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Wow that was the good gesture from the Sindhu Hospital at Ahmendabad to waive of total delivery charges if a girl child is born to the new mother. Such good thinking must be applauded and awarded. Taking cue from this all the hospitals across the country must encourage birth of girl child and her full growth there after. We all know that hospital expenses are more in private ones and if the delivery happens to be through operation, then the final billing would be whooping. So such gesture from the forward thinking hospital would certainly give the first respite to the parents and thus they would start happy living thereafter. PM should note this gesture.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

This idea must be appreciated. Now a days, most people are preferring male children to female children. If ideas like this are implemented by other hospitals too, gender bias for children may get reduced.

Let us continue learning.

Sign In to post your comments