You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General Instructions

Do not create polls from forum threads

Some of you are creating polls from forum threads. Note that the Polls section is closed. Hence, neither should you create a poll nor submit votes for it. By default, some of you do have access to the create poll feature since it has not been totally disabled as yet. Nevertheless, please do not use it.
    Of late few polls are appearing on regular basis, perhaps due to the fact that the system to create a poll is not totally disabled as mentioned by the ME. Total disablement of this feature is likely to yield positive results as newly joined members are not likely to be aware of instructions issued in this regard. It is likely to become like the policy/guideline regarding not pulling up the old thread which are more than 10 days old.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Unfortunately, I am one of the members who created polls recently. I read that polls section is closed but understood that as 'points/cash credits cannot be earned from polls but we can create them'. Recently, I noticed a single member creating multiple polls and so I too created one and voted for some. From now, I won't vote for or create a poll.

Let us continue learning.

Yes some members are using the poll option while raising the thread and that is inducing us to respond to the poll first and then write the content. Now the alert is very clear.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments