You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Query about posting of college

When I am filling my profile page, I wanted to select the college in which I am studying now. I searched for it in colleges section of ISC but couldn't find it. So, I posted it. Now, I came to know that members must request permission before posting colleges. As I didn't ask and get permission to post, I don't know what to do now and therefore I am raising this thread. Will my post be deleted and should I post after getting permission? (or) Will my post be reviewed?
    Though the official position can be clarified by the editors only, but as far as I know, the members particularly the new ones are not given permission by default to post contents on certain sections including adding new colleges/universities etc. The same applies in case of updating the existing information about the schools/colleges/universities already available in the ISC repository.
    However information to be updated can be submitted in the text box below 'Updates and comments from members' on the school page. Sometime back , ME had advised to submit detailed information instead of posting only information like PIN Code or telephone numbers etc. The information submitted by the members are reviewed by the editors and CC are also awarded in deserving cases.
    The author may refer the post #572116 of ME on thread - http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/146991-Request-to-post-details-about-schools-colleges.aspx

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Krishna,

By default (that is, as per an automated system), some members, even new ones, do have access to the schools & college sections. So if you find that you were able to submit a college, that is not a problem. The post will not get deleted merely because you did so without permission. It should, however, have good descriptive text about the college and not just merely basic details about the address & contact numbers. If at all the college does turn out to be a duplicate one, it will be checked with the one posted earlier. If your post has some additional information, it will get added to the earlier one & the two posts will be merged. If not any different from the earlier post, then it will be deleted.

Your submitted college post will be reviewed in due course of time by that section's editors. If inadequate content has been provided, it will be shifted to the pending status.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Ms. Vandana, another member posted the same college now i.e. after me. What will happen now?

Krishna,

The college editors will review both in the normal course and will do the needful.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Sign In to post your comments