You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Modern Indian woman: Seema Rao- India's only female commando trainer and....

We have heard many stories which haven't just inspired us, but made us realise that our problems in life are almost negligible. There are inspiring stories all over the world that give us a bigger picture of how some people fight it out against all odds, only to emerge as a winner. Here's another such story of a great Indian modern-day woman which makes us believe that nothing is possible.
    Wonder-woman. Dr. Seema Rao is India's only female commando trainer who has been training the Special Forces for 20 years without any compensation. She's also a 7th-degree black belt holder in military martial arts, a combat shooting instructor, a firefighter, a scuba diver, an HMI medalist in rock climbing, and a Mrs India World pageant finalist. Apart from all the achievements, next comes an additional list of all the wonderful things that Dr. Rao has done till now:-
    1. She's one of the rarest people in the world who have mastered the art of Jeet Kun Do (It is an hybrid martial art founded by Bruce Lee in 1967) and she is authorised to teach the same.
    2. She has been certified as a Doctor in conventional medicine. She also has an MBA degree in crisis management to her credit.
    3. She's also a co-author. She has co-authored many books.
    My salute to the great wonder-woman of modern India!
    Historically there were many women worrier in India. Rani Lakshmibai, Rani Durgavati, Razia Sultana, Chand Bibi, Rani Velu Nachiyar, Rani Mangammal are some of such examples.
    In modern times, Punita Arora is the first woman in India to rise up to the rank of a Lieutenant General of Indian Armed Forces and the first Vice admiral of Indian Navy.
    As far as Dr. Seema Rao is concerned, she is a prolific writer too and has authored following books -
    1. Handbook of World Terrorism .
    2. The Art of Success.
    3. Mind Range.
    4. Terrorism: A Comprehensive Analysis of World Terrorism.
    5. Encyclopedia of Close Combat Operations.
    6. Commando Manual of Unarmed Combat.
    7. What is this thing you do? In Cantonese, Jeet Kune Do.
    8. King Sperm.
    Her books are treasured in the libraries of FBI, INTERPOL, UN, and SWAT Police all over the world.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#572194 : An excellent response from Mr. Kailash Kumar. I would only like to mention that Lt. Gen. (Dr.) Punita Arora was from Army Medical Corps.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments