You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Uttar Pradesh

Was it correct on the part of Mayawati to say that she is like a Devi to the backward classes?

BSP supremo Mayawati said in Delhi - 'To the backward classes, I am like a Devi (Goddess). They are angry'.
    BSP workers, staged a dharna in front of the Bhimrao Ambedkar statue at Lucknow yesterday on 21.07.2016 protesting against the derogatory comments made by BJP leader Dayashankar Singh during which they displayed banners with foul language printed on them.
    The BSP had lodged a case against him under laws, including the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act and insulting the modesty of a woman.
    Now the family members of expelled BJP leader has filed an FIR in Lucknow against Mayawati and senior BSP leaders for allegedly using foul language against them.
    Was it correct on the part of Mayawati to say that she is like a Devi to the backward classes?
    Please note that UP is going to polls very soon and leaders would be making all kinds of statements to attract the votes of the minorities and dalits. Mayawathi was the powerful leader once. But she made lots of corruption and used lots of money for her own propaganda. No leader in the past had so many statues of their own to highlight. All these could not get her votes. Now she is desperate to grab the power on the lines of Mamta and Jaya. So she started making voter friendly statement and we should not be given more credence for that.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments