You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: Miscellaneous
- #572397Respect should be accorded only to worthy individuals, though often we find individuals who pretend to pay respect to unworthy individuals also for their selfish gains. Such an attitude is called sycophancy also in simple language.
The interesting part is that it pays also as it is a human nature or weakness to carve for appreciation even it is known to be fake.
How we offer our prayer to the God?
What is the composition of the prayers?
Take the example of 'Hanuman Chasila' or any 'Aarti' for that matter. The God is omnipotent and the humans have to simply surrender to the God seeking the blessings, mercy or the kindness. No amount of reiteration of the might of the God is going to be sufficient, but the humans try to practice the tactics which are known to them. They presume that the God will become happy and reward them.
Not only at workplaces, we can always find such individuals every where. They label themselves as 'smart' people and often ridicule the individual to whom they pretend to praise on their face though curse them behind their back.
Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.
- #572417Yes. Over respecting is a kind of gaining own profits. There is no good in it. Sometimes people over respect even to a not worthy person just to fulfill own selfishness.
- #572422Over respecting is the attention grabbing technique used by many. This is often found in offices where in the head of the department is very strict and wont allow any compromise in getting the job done. What I want to say that one need not stoop to the level of leaning and paying obedience to others with more respect than demanded and that will send wrong signals to the person and other onlookers too. If you are talented and known for working with style and differently nothing can stop you from performing and getting the applause of the officer. Moreover over respecting is not liked by many and it is taken as the chamcha giri attitude.
I consider myself as the learner everyday
- #572436We can see this in many places. Some employees give over respect to their employer only to get a good impression etc,. Similarly, some students give over respect to their teacher to get a good impression etc,. These people think they are doing good acting but they don't know that almost anyone can identify over respect. A talented person can never be effected if he/she doesn't give over respect.
Let us continue learning.
- #572437It's very true. If a person always shows excessive respect and gratitude to others with/without any reason we must understand there is something wrong in his mind. These kind of people are called flatters and chamcha in Hindi. They always bend to get everywhere to get any kind of work to be done. Due to this attitude their friends get benefitted in some matters, where some impossible works may be happen easily.
'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'
- #572506I'd say be respectful to everyone in equal quantity. There is no harm in being respectful to someone below your status. All these squeamish techniques might work for a finite period of time,but in the end your folly would be spotted.
So crave for respect, not for attention.