You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

How to provide links to our posts in our profile page?

I raised a thread on this matter (How to provide links in our profile page?) ten days ago. As I couldn't get the correct response there, I am raising the thread again.

In profiles of some members, we can see clickable links to their articles. I tried to provide such links in 'Edit Profile' page but couldn't succeed. A message showing 'HTML tags are not accepted' appeared. Also, I have seen such links only in the profiles of some senior members. So, is the link providing feature limited to some members only? If it is, what are the requirements? Otherwise, how to provide links to our posts in our profile page?
    Once you make a impressive profile and adsense starts, the profile page gets automated by the links from articles and also from the forum section. So your profile page express your personality in whole. Here you need not play any role.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

After seeing this thread I attempted and was able to provide clickable links to my few articles on profile page using edit profile feature.
    As far as AdSense profile page is concerned, the same is updated automatically in respect of the articles (or by the admins ?).

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#572405 : Please explain the procedure Mr. Kailash Kumar. Did you use the 'a href' tags in 'Profile' area of 'Edit Profile'? When I did, the message "HTML is not allowed in the profile description" is displayed.

Yes, I simply used < a href="http://example.com">Your link text goes here< / a> tag in the text box against 'Profile' on 'Edit Profile' page. The only thing is that , though I had tried to post 10 articles, but only 8 got published, perhaps due to character constraints.

#572409 (Mr. Kailash Kumar) : I don't know why, but its not working for me. No matter how many times I try, the message "HTML is not allowed in the profile description" is being displayed. And, I don't think there are any character constraints. I saw a profile page with more than 50 clickable links.

Let us wait for more responses from other authors. Gypsy will be able to help. Send him a PM. Otherwise ultimately a mail will have to be sent to ME.

Only Diamond and Platinum level members are allowed to use HTML tags in profile description.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

If success is 1, then its definite that you're starting from Zero!

Thank you Mr. Sultan Mustafijul Hoque. I get the point. But Mr. Kailash Kumar mentioned above (#572409) that even though he posted 10 articles, only 8 are published. But, I saw a profile page with more than 50 links. Could you please tell me the reason behind this?

Few years ago, there was no restriction. So that profile was setup during that time. Due to massive spamming this restriction was introduced around 2 years ago.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

If success is 1, then its definite that you're starting from Zero!

Thank you Mr. Sultan Mustafijul Hoque for completely clarifying my doubt. This thread may be locked.

Let us continue learning.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.