You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Foreign Affairs

Great news! Judith is coming back!

The External Affairs Minister Ms. Sushma Swaraj has given a great news to the countrymen! Judith D'Souza, an Indian woman who was abducted in Kabul nearly six weeks ago, has been rescued. 40-year-old D'Souza, a Kolkata resident, who was working for a charity named Aga Khan Foundation as a senior technical adviser, was kidnapped from outside her office in the heart of Kabul on 9th June this year.
    Ms. Swaraj has further stated that Ms. D'Souza is presently in the Indian Embassy and would be returning to Delhi very soon (may be today night). She has also thanked Afghan Govt. for the help the Afghan Govt. provided to sort out the issue successfully.
    Accompanied by India's Ambassador to Afghanistan, Manpreet Vohra, Ms. Judith D'Souza is likely to reach New Delhi in the evening of July 23, 2016.
    She was abducted on the night of June 9, 2016 while she was travelling in her car with a driver and security guard, when they were overtaken by gunmen and forced into another car at gunpoint. However, the two persons were let off the as they were Afghan nationals. Interrogation with the two men had revealed that the motive for her kidnapping was ransom and she had not been targeted by the Taliban as feared by many. Afghanistan Ambassador to India Dr. Shaida Abdali had said that her captors seems to be gangsters, not terrorists.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

It is really great news to hear that Judith D'Souza has been found and being sent to India through the help of Aga Khan foundation and Afghanistan government. Any way the mystery was sorted out.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Latest update: Judith D'Souza has reached Delhi.

Ms. D'Souza, welcome back home.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Welcome home Judith!

Sign In to post your comments