You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why temples dedicated to celebrities and politicians are constructed in India?

In India many temples dedicated to celebrities and politicians exist. The following is a list of some of such temples -
    1. Amitabh Bachchan Temple at South Kolkata where Amitabh Bachchan's photos, portraits and an idol is worshipped by his fans.
    2. A huge marble statue of Sonia Gandhi who helped in separating Telangana from Andhra Pradesh is installed at Sonia Gandhi Temple in Mahbubnagar district of Telangana and the people worship her as Telangana Talli (Mother goddess of Telangana).
    3. MGR Temple at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
    4. Namitha Temple at Thirunelveli, Tamil Nadu.
    5. Narendra Modi Temple at Rajkot, Gujarat.
    6. Kushboo Temple at Tiruchirappalli , Tamil Nadu.
    Why temples dedicated to celebrities and politicians are constructed in India and why people worship them?
    It's beacuse few people are still ignoring the fact of reality. They are just guided by what they see.

In India we the people show lots of affection and love on those people who penetrate deep in to our hearts through their style and work and thus to express that profound gratitude temples are constructed and honored in favor of actors and celebrities. If Amitabh was honored with temple because of his acting caliber in old films like Deewar. Likewise if Sonia has a temple in Mahboobnagar in honor of her agreeing to separate Telangana state was on the expected lines. What we should understand that they have immense love and affection on those actors and celebrities who has done such a work which was not done by any other of their caliber before.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

In my opinion, if people get obsessed with someone, they do things like this. Amitabh Bachchan has a lots of fans who saw him like a god of acting and therefore they built a temple for him. In south states of our country, most people are obsessed with movies and so there is no surprise if they build temples for celebrities (MGR, Namitha, Kushboo). Those people may be great but there is no need to build temples for them.

Let us continue learning.

Such kind of idolisation which goes to the level of fanaticism is normally observed in southern states especially in Tamil Nadu. I am sorry if I have offended you, but Tamils are found to make the leaders and film stars grow out of proportions. We have so many film stars who have become popular politicians - like MGR, Jayalalitha among others.

People like Amitabh, Khushboo or Sonia are just the mortal beings like us and building temples for them is something beyond my appreciation. Making some one your role model is good as long as you follow his lifestyles or beliefs - but making him or her a God out of human being is uncalled for.

Live....and Let Live...!

Because we are overly religious. But I see no harm in worshiping a fellow human. And these people are legends after all. They gave us both bone-chilling and heart-snatching moments. So, is there any sin in revering legends?
    I guess not.

Sign In to post your comments