You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A common vice of Indians causing their downfall time and again

When Alexander invaded India, Porus fought against him while Ambhi co-operated with him. Same thing happened when Huns attacked India, when Mahmud of Ghazni invaded and looted India's temples. Same story continued during invasion of Taimur, Nadir Shah and Ahmad Shah Abdali. Indians never got united against invasion.
    When Jinnah was trying to destroy the edifice of united India by causing riots, political leaders including Gandhi and Nehru tried to appease him without resisting him. The same story has been continuing even after independence. The trouble-makers are not forcefully resisted and punished, they are appeased. Same thing is happening in Aligarh, where the molesters are being appeased. The problem is being ignored.
    Is the same thing happening in ISC also? The problem is not being discussed. Instead, the thread which informs about the problem is deleted!
    Indians! How long this ostrich-like attitude of closing eyes on the face of dangers will continue?
    It is only the human instinct. We have to first survive for relishing or enjoying anything.
    It is said that ' jo jeeta, wahi sikandar'. There might have been warriors braver than Alexander, but since they could not survive in the battles/wars, they became irrelevant.
    The same principle applies everywhere. The Aligarh matter is directly related to Uttar Pradesh assembly elections which is due next year. Such staged shows are only a curtain raiser of the ensuing elections. As a part of the game, only few days back, Mayawati had stated that the backward classes, particularly the dalits regard her as a Devi (Goddess).
    The root cause of the problem is that generally the Indians always loathe to accept a fellow Indian as their leaders. Perhaps they find more solace in being ruled by foreigners. The long history of the Muslim rule and British rule is a testimony to such inclinations.
    Even in modern independent India, the congressmen find their leader in Sonia Gandhi only and after her in Rahul Gandhi only irrespective of his political acumen.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

ISC always avoids to discuss some sensitive issues which should not bring embarrassment to the author and the site and hence they are deleted at the first instance itself without allowing to discuss and debate.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

ISC is a combination of members from all religions. Any controversial discussion relating to religion would create ill feeling between the cordial relation between brother members of ISC. I remember, in the past, few members have left the site due to disgruntled discussion.

It is good that ISC tries to nip in the bud itself.

No life without Sun ¤

Rabindranath Tagore once said: "Onyay je kore ar onyay je sohe, tobo ghrina tare jeno trinosomo dohe'. Rough translation: A person who does the wrong and a person who accepts the wrong, are equally hated.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

#572481: The synonyms of vice are: immorality, wrongdoing, wrong, wickedness, badness, evil-doing, evil, iniquity, villainy, venality, impurity, corruption, corruptness, misconduct.

So, the word is 'vice', not 'voice'.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Exactly! World is filled with vices. We Indians aren't cowards. We are just not foresighted. When a neighbor of ours faces a problem, we just calmly sit down and pray for them. People usually say "Prayer is the last resort".
    I'd say prayer was never an option at all.
    Only actions taken at correct time can save us from danger. Speak through your actions.
    Our nation's most formidable problem is we get easily influenced. Our empathy is our greatest weakness.
    World wouldn't be destroyed by evil forces, but by the silence and passiveness of the good.

Sign In to post your comments