You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Want to learn technique of somersault

I have heard from my relatives that during my childhood I was very efficient in somersault. Upto the age of 3 years, I used to do somersault on my own. I used to find this activity very interesting and funny. With the passage of time, I lost the flexibility of my body and now I can't do somersault at all.

As I have been thinking about my relatives, some of whom have left this mortal world, I have been feeling a sudden urge of doing somersault once again! Now I would like to know whether it is possible to do somersault once again at an age of 49, or I have to take lesson from an instructor. Although there are some political leaders expert in somersault, I don't want to learn the technique from them.

P.S.: I hope nobody would find this thread copied from any news article. This is a pure product of fertile brain of Partha Kansabanik.
    After reading this post I got into laughter mode. In childhood we do many things and that was appreciated by our parents and elders at the home. And during those days the body was conducive and flexible and hence you done the somersault. But now at the age of 49 we cannot think of such high risk ideas. Now we have been grown up to the age of advising others and give right track to the children and at this age by attempting somersault surely you will be injuring yourself and putting yourself to trouble and also trouble the people at the home. So live the way the God has given the life and never venture into adventure giving thoughts.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I think it depends on your body condition Mr. Partha. Generally, such tasks are not recommended for people of that age. Anyway, refer the link "http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Somersault" to learn how to do a proper, harmless somersault.

Also, the last point really made me laugh (No offence meant).

Let us continue learning.

Somersault isn't that hard by the way. It works on basic principle of leverage. Erect your body and hold firmly a rod. Now with all your might,swing your center of gravity upwards thus creating an angular momentum. This momentum will keep you going.

I don't understand your somersault. It confuses me after reading about your political leader's somersault. Are you really interested in somersault or ridiculing the act of somersault?

Frankly writing. At ISC, Mr Gypsy is an expert. I remember, I had read somewhere in his thread responses that he is an expert in diving. I suggest you to contact him through a PM to get more details about real somersault which has real physical value, not political somersault.

No life without Sun ¤

A great information! Is Gypsy (no salutation preferred by him) an expert on somersault?
    So far as confusion is concerned, a confused man will always remain confused, isn't it?

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Somersault by a politician is different than what is done by the toddlers. Similarly, somersaults are performed by gymnasts, swimmers, and dancers also. It can be executed in the air or on the ground. Also, it can be executed forwards, backwards, or sideways. The toddler's somersault is the simplest and generally performed on the ground and is of forwards kind only. In a case of an airborne somersault, the word 'flip' is also used in some countries.
    Politicians change side which is not actually a somersault in its strictest sense.
    As a matter of fact, all of us should be flexible enough in our attitudes to go for an attitudinal somersault, if not the physical one.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Well Partha, why don't you follow your forum footer. Whenever you feel the need to exercise (read somersault), why don't you lie down, till the urge goes away. Anyway, it was on a lighter note. Somersaulting at this age has its own risks; damage to the skull or to the backbone, perhaps. Just like you, I too have this desire of performing a somersault or two, to go with my dance performances, but never ever tried them, fearing injury.

Patience and perseverance pays

Sign In to post your comments