You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

'Report to editor' option can be added in every section of ISC

Dear friends, As we know ISC is one of the top educational sites in India. Many students are getting information on several topics in this platform very easily. The members need to post valid and appropriate information here. To evaluate the posts there are so many editors in this site. However most of the members don't know who's forum editor, who's ask expert editor, who's working for resources, etc. If a member found any wrong information in any section they need to inform the same about to editors or post any message in forum section. Posting each and every mistakes in forum is also a negative impact on site's reputation. So there can be a 'Report to Editor' option in every section so that if any member found any wrong information they can directly report it to that particular section editor. It is just similar to 'Good' and 'Not Good' options that we found in every section of ISC.
    I need some more advice from our friends so that the webmaster can take a small step on this concert.
    The proposition of the author appear to have many positive connotations like -
    1. Appearance of a button will enable the members to post their feedback instantaneously without searching for the name of the concerned editors to send PM to them.
    2. Such pooled feedback can be seen by the editors available on duty and absence of any editor on leave etc. will not make any difference. PMs are likely to remain pending to be seen by the specific editor only.
    3. Simple matters like attracting attention of the editors in cases like threads older than 10 days being pulled again or targeting any particular member by mentioning his/her name etc., can be reported to the editors.
    4. It is likely to save time of the editors by lightening their workload of scrutinizing contents and the editors may thus be able to utilize the saved time in their other functions which presently they are not able to perform due to shortage of time.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

As far as I know, every section except forum, expert answer have a 'report' option before approval. After approval, there is no need for such option as only an editor can approve a post. In case of forum/expert answer section, a 'report editor' option can be helpful. But, we can report there itself by posting a forum response/expert answer saying above response is irrelevant etc,. Then an editor who reads the post can definitely observe the single goal of the forum response/expert answer and will take necessary action.

Let us continue learning.

For example, in Ask Expert section I found any mistakes or wrong information posted by an author and it was approved by some editor. I don't know who's that author, but I want to make the correction without creating any thread in forum. This is because, it could be a lengthy process; first post in forum, then the editors will ask the Ask Expert Editors to look after the issue, etc. So, my concern is suppose anyone (author/reader) found any irrespective / irrelevant topics/answers/posts that could immediately reach the specific author of that section.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Yes Mr. Naresh Kumar Behera, I get the point. In such a case, the 'report editor' option would be helpful to authors, readers and editors too.

Let us continue learning.

I concur with the comments of the author (#572593) in respect of the answers posted in the ask expert section. I have sometimes observed that few answers posted in the ask expert section are not factually correct though approved. Since I raise questions also in the ask expert section, I go through the answers posted on my questions. Often I feel an urge to point out the inaccuracies in the posted answers, but refrain myself as the ask expert section is not like forum section for discussions. Raising a thread for pointing out mistakes also looks like embarrassing the concerned editor.
    Therefore 'report to editor' feature is likely to be helpful in this regard.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments