You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

The necessity of personal development training programs in degree colleges

I've seen many students are facing problem in getting a better job after passing out from B. Tech, MBA, and B.E. like professional courses. The main reason behind this is they're not properly groomed and taken any personal development training like leadership training program etc. They may score well in their courses, but due to lack of professionalism, knowledge of interview etiquettes, behavioural skills like attitude, expression, confidence, etc fail to succeed in campus and later in any kind of interviews in other states. I think programs like personal development, special language training, leadership training etc. should be implemented in degree colleges as well as professional training institutes, so that students can get a job easily after successful completion of the course.

Education is not all about reading & attaining a subject; it also includes self-development simultaneously.
    As far as engineering and technology courses are concerned, the students have to acquire technical knowledge about the subjects in case they wish to be employed in technical jobs. Therefore only personality development may not prove sufficient. Having a degree means nothing in case the individual concerned is bereft of requisite knowledge and expertise. However, such students may treat their B.Tech, or B.E. course as a general graduation degree and can apply for jobs which require a graduation degree as the minimum eligibility criteria. In the case of MBA degree holders, personality development courses may prove helpful.
    Generally, opportunities are always available in sales and marketing sectors, though the same require result oriented performance i.e. meeting the set target etc. in which very hard work is required.
    However , I do agree that certain additional inputs should be provided to the students in their final degree program. Besides the personality development courses, as recommended by the author, inputs on how to search a job or how to submit an application for job etc. should also be provided.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I am currently studying engineering. Last year, a program called CRT (Campus Recruitment Skills) was introduced in my college for the purpose of personality development of students. Attending one such program can make a student realize how important behavioral skills etc,. are. Almost all colleges include a subject for these things (professional communication skills, soft skills in my college) in their curriculm. But, that won't be enough. It would be very helpful to students if such programs are introduced everywhere.

Let us continue learning.

Sign In to post your comments