You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Improve Your English

Is it correct to say that he/she is mad at me?

Generally, in the Hindi language we often use the sentence that ' wo mujh se gussa hain' ( he/she in angry with me). Is the word 'angry' is a correct equivalent of the Hindi word 'gussa'. I got confused after coming across the sentence- ' he/she is mad at me', in the English language.
    Generally, the word 'mad' is understood as an equivalent of the Hindi word 'pagal'. So what is the correct way to explain/describe the scenario.
    Is it correct to say that he/she is mad at me?
    It is really confusing. Grammarly corrects me to say 'She is mad at me'. But Grammarly agrees to say 'She is mad of you/ I am fond of her/She is fond of flower/She is fond of children/She is mad of my dress/She is mad of my ornaments',

Why there is a problem with 'She is mad of me'. Why 'at' to be used before me? Why not 'of' before me?

English experts of ISC should come up to clear our doubt.

No life without Sun ¤

The right equivalent words of English when translated to Hindi for the phrase " wo mujh se gussa hain' is she is angry with me. And woh mujpe pe paagal hain can be translated as she is damn after me and not mad after me.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments