You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Jammu and Kashmir

Injured armed forces personnel don't get treatment at Srinagar Govt. hospitals!

During the last ten days of violent protests following Hizbul commander Burhan Wani's killing, over 3000 people were injured, out of which half belong to the J&K Police and the CRPF. When the critically injured CRPF and State Police personnel were taken to the Govt. hospitals at Srinagar, violent mobs chased them even inside the hospitals. Ultimately the critically injured armed forces personnel were taken to Army's 92 Base Hospital for treatment and security.
    Secular liberal intelligentsia of the country is expectedly maintaining silence on this trivial issue.
    This is really a very sad development. Government hospitals are for every ones help and there cannot be selective and section of people to chose the services. More over the injured need first attention and government hospitals are better equipped to do that. No one should deny the access to government hospitals and if some one does, they can be punished by the law enforcing authorities. If the jawans and police are not eligible to treat in government hospitals there where would they go. These kind of mean mentality among separatists bring more disrepute to the already battered state of Jammu and Kashmir. Center must intervene right now.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mr. Mohan: Centre is doing what is possible. It is now time for common people to be vocal against the separatists and their so-called liberal supporters. These so-called liberals are causing equal damage to the integrity of the country, if not more.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I feel that the title itself is misconceived. It would have been a different issue had the hospital authorities refused to treat the injured defence personnel. In the case cited by the author, treatment could not be provided due to the violent mob.

Another thing which I would like to highlight in this case is that even in normal situations, defence personnel in Srinagar and may be whole of J&K move only in convoys or as patrol units under special security cover; that being so, and especially when the situation is so tense in the valley, I don't think the authorities would take the risk of moving their injured soldiers to civil hospitals (under the existing peculiar security conditions in the valley). There are standard procedures in order and injured soldiers are immediately (as soon as possible) evacuated to the nearest military/ para military hospitals only.

I am yet to come across this news reported by the author but I do think that taking service personnel to government hospitals in such situations is a rare possibility. I am not part of any so called liberal intelligentsia but I thought I must share what I (think) know.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

I don't know why the J&K Police personnel had to be taken to Base Hospital at Srinagar? Do they undergo treatment at Base Hospital every time? Is it mentioned in their compendium of service conditions?

Unfortunately, people can't be hoodwinked so easily nowadays!

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha at #572641, that makes the point further clear for radicals as well as liberals. Police is part of the security forces and the fight is against public outrage, whatever be the issue and whether it is justified or not.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Fertile minds of liberals can conjure thousands of excuses. But the truth is bare.

I have not come across any news in the media, the way it is portrayed by the author of the thread. It appears that while re-writing the published news in his own words, the author could not do justice to the reported facts. The title of the thread is portraying negative connotations about the functioning of the Government hospitals , though the fact was that the local protesters were interfering in administering treatment at the Government hospitals.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments