You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Those who born between the period 1930 and 1990 are lucky

Those who born between the period 1930 and 1990 are lucky

Though the present generation criticize or mocking or thinking anything, those who born between 1930 and 1990 as they are lucky in the following ways.

• Lying in the bed with parents
    • No food allergy felt
    • No kitchen was with child proof lock
    • No huge burden of school books to the students
    • Not played in cycles with helmets
    • Playing playing only as returning from school till darkening in the night and not dumping ourselves in the separate rooms
    • No water bottles but only tap water drinking through hands
    • Sharing one juice among four friends and felt no allergy or reached any diseases
    • Ate large quantity of sweets and plate full rice but never found over fat or obesity
    • Roaming in the streets with bare footed but never felt anything
    • Read the books and studied in dim light but never seek for spectacles
    • No health drinks except the water of previous day rice
    • Preparing toys for play by themselves
    • Parents of those days were not much rich or run hear and there for money. They search for and gave only LOVE to children
    • No cell or mobile was required to call /contact the children as everybody were near to the parents
    • Doctors were visiting houses and no patient run to hospitals
    • No artificial laugh and talk as present mobile phone talk but writing letters with loving words
    • As many things were in writing the assurance or word keeping was there
    • There was no cell phone, DVD, Play Station, Exbox, video game, Personal Computer, Net and chat but have real friends
    • Visiting and calling friends for fun and feast without any prior permission
    • As nearness of relations was there, the mind of everybody was pleasant and thereby no Insurance was necessary
    Wow what a nice compilations of facts which were really mind boggling and lucky that I was born in the period mentioned by the author. And what I really enjoyed the fact that cell phones were not there and yet people were near and dear to us.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

One of the most important reasons for the people born in that period is, most of them are either govt. employees or good farmers. There is no competition at all. After completion of intermediate (at that time 11th class) they easily used to get a govt job in their locality. Either small or big job, they're happy with their profession. Many people even after higher qualification, used to look after their agriculture and make it as a prime profession.
    Nowadays, there is no job and no agriculture. Those who've agricultural lands, gives others for caring and they migrate to other cities and states for work.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

The humans have one faculty which sets them apart from all other animals. This is the faculty of rationalization. We are able to justify anything or any given circumstances. However, since our next generations are also humans only, they too possess that faculty and therefore rationalize their own given circumstances.
    Next generation will never agree with the logic extended by the author. Rather they will be able to enumerate many advantages of living in the present era.
    Earlier there were no antibiotics and many people used to die due to common diseases like pneumonia, dysentery, tuberculosis etc.
    However, I do agree that people born after 15.08.1947 are luckier in the sense that they are born in independent India, unlike the previous generations during several thousand years which were born under foreigners rule.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Naresh you are right. When I was 17 years old , my father got the opportunity to get employment for any one of our brothers or sisters. Our sisters were not qualified and my elder brother who was qualified died of kidney trouble and I was underage. and thus lost the chance to get government job in those days of 1980.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Wow Mr. Ramachandran Pattabiraman! This thread made me feel bad for not being born in that time. But, every generation has its advantages like cellphones help in immediate contact etc,. It would be better if the following are followed in this generation too.
    1) Lying in the bed with parents.
    2) No huge burden of school books to the students.
    3) Ate large quantity of sweets and plate full rice but never found over fat or obesity.
    4) Roaming in the streets with bare footed but never felt anything.
    5) No artificial laugh and talk as present mobile phone talk but writing letters with loving words.

Let us continue learning.

It makes a nice reading for those born during that period. A least they can pat on themselves amidst all the disparaging look and talk of the new generation people against the oldies.
    But I feel it can be pegged at 1980 level, when windows PC was not existing.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

This is interesting, Mr. Pattabhiraman. You did a nice job by collecting a list of things which signify the advantages of the oldies (?). I am a person born in the year 1945. Certainly there are more things I could add to the above list. One major thing I can add is "walking miles together and keeping up ones health". "Taking bath in ponds or river both in the morning and evening", is another thing. "Climbing on trees and plucking mangoes and eating there itself", still another. Like this it goes on...
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

What a lovely 60 years between 1930 and 1990. It is very true that we cannot go back to see such lovely years in our life.

"No health drinks except the water of previous day rice." What a lovely drink it was and is! Recently I visited a Siddha Doctor who suggested me to take " Neethu Thanneer' to take a medicine. He said," I don't want you to say that you are not aware of Neethu Thanneer." I said," I know it and fully enjoy that original and pure drink that I had been taking regularly for many years."

I really enjoyed your thread, Pattabi.

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments