You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Appreciation-Editors are doing their job well!

Generally the relationship between the authors and editors is not very cordial. ISC is not an exception to this rule. The relationship between the more active Members (in Forum Section) and the Editors is not very cordial, I suppose. Many active Members try to find faults of the Editors. How can I become an exception? I have also raised (uploaded?) my voice against the Editors of ISC many a time.

However, it is also necessary to appreciate the Editors of ISC for their hard work. I have recently noticed that the answers being given to the questions asked in the 'Ask Expert' section are reviewed very quickly. Sometimes the answers are reviewed on the same day and cash credits are allotted.

I appreciate the efforts of the Lead Editor and other Editors of the 'Ask Expert' section. Unfortunately, I don't know their names, but they are doing a really good job.
    I appreciate your effort to appreciate the Editors performance at ISC. Unless the editors perform their duty well, ISC cannot survive and be successful as a reputed educational portal in this web world. No doubt, they are doing their job very sincerely and faithfully to the utmost satisfaction of the ISC Admin. At times, Editors do over perform with their extraordinary capability.

What I don't like is - The editors become SE than the ME, Superior Editor to the Managing Editor. Why I say this, because, when I point out something of the ME and raise a doubt addressed to the Managing Editor, some editor intrudes and respond on behalf of Managing Editor. I really don't like and appreciate this practice at ISC. Thus ISC ME loses her value and respect, and the other editors have an upper hand

ISC should not encourage such editors and ISC ME should not allow them to act in her place.

No life without Sun ¤

You're absolutely true about our Editors. The Ask Expert Section Editors are doing fast in editing, as there are less replies, questions and answers in this section. I've no idea about Article & Job section, where many things are being posted daily as compared to forum and ask expert. Recently I'm participating in forum section as I love this section very much. And I found the editors also putting their effort and participating as a normal member of ISC. It's good to see editors going well in ISC and hope for the best in future also.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Editors in all sections are working fine. The apparent difference is because of the nature of work involved in different sections. In forum section, the threads and answers are not required to be pre-approved by the editors before publication, though in the ask expert section, the questions as well as answers, are required to be pre-approved by the editors. Therefore it is imperative on the part of the ask expert section, to take action at the earliest possible about scrutiny and approval of posted contents. The same applies in the case of articles section also, where pre-approval of the contents is required prior to its publication.
    As a matter of fact, the articles section is the only section where the editors offer suggestions/advice/guidance also for value addition in the content. Such a system is not available in the ask expert section and forum section. Because of this reason in the ask expert section and the forum section, the contents are either deleted or approved.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I do consider that the editors have been performing their duty in a perfect sense in almost all sections of the site. We must also understand that the editors have been taking up the responsibility on a voluntary basis. They are not paid handsomely for the efforts they put in - if someone thinks on those lines(Yes, they get their rewards nonetheless).

Forum section being one that requires less moderation and review will see less effort on the part of the editors. AE and resource sections can be very tiring with so many responses and contributions pouring in. There is indeed a need to appreciate them.

Live....and Let Live...!

Sun,

Please do not demean and poke fun at the editorial team. You may address a query at me in a forum thread, but when I am busy with other things (which are likely far more important in any case) or do not check the forum, they may want to just wish to clarify it for you. Nothing wrong in that. After all, you have often enough complained about how editors are slack, lazy, etc etc etc. and yet complain too about them replying. Do make up your mind what you want to complain about. Also, their replying in a thread no way undermines my respect.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Yes I too agree with the author that editors are doing a great job. Previously the forum used to have none of editors responses and only when the thread goes out of track it is put on road by the editors. Now they are interacting and even participating in deliberations which is good sign of improvement.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I agree Mr. Partha Kansabanik. The editors of ISC are doing a great job. Last month, I posted about 5 expert answers everyday. Many a times, my answers are approved by the time I posted another one. Once, a resource I posted is approved within 6 hours. I personally feel the editors of ISC are doing their best and they should be appreciated for that.

Let us continue learning.

Yes Editors are really doing a very great job in all the section. They are also active in Forum and sometime are part of discussions.

Eventhough editors do not clamour for open appreciation, understanding them, their situations and responsibilities and avoiding unnecessary rebuking and blaming, are more acknowledgements of their good work instead of expressive appreciation.
    We remember police only when a theft or some other crime happens. But they were silently doing their duty all through the time.
    We remember editors only when something is delayed or some slip occurs. But all times they are silently working.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Editors, at least give some "emoticon" to this thread. We all know, even though under so much criticism, you all work so hard. It is indeed a great job being done by you.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Vandana,
    I simply quote an incident to justify my statement. When I raised a query to your thread (ISC profile page photo guidelines) about the difference between the phrases 'not encouraged' and 'strictly not allowed', a smart editor, did not wait for the ME for few hours or a day, but posted the following quick response to show off his smartness.
    Mr Sun at #572682, 'not encouraged' implies that the same will not be allowed and the term being used generally in such guidelines or policies need to be taken and understood in the same sense. The matter will be looked into and need not be discussed here further. Just have a look my thread to know the difference between the phrases 'Not encouraged' & 'strictly not allowed"

I think it is an over smart response from that editor. The editor could have waited for the author to post her response more clearly.

Such a response from smart editors is not warranted, and there is no urgency for the member to get an immediate response. Editors should wait for a day or more to post the response on behalf of the Managing editor. It is okay if the ME goes on a long leave immediately after posting her thread.

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments