You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is Kargil Vijay Divas! Let's salute our heroes!

17 years ago, our great soldiers kicked out the wolves and hyenas who entered surreptitiously through Skardu, Gulteri, Ghanisabar and took shelter in the mountain peaks vacated by our soldiers during the previous winter in Kargil. The wolves and hyenas were continuously shelling the National Highway from Srinagar to Leh, disturbing the lifeline of Leh. After the positive environment created during Lahore declaration in 1998, it was a stab in the back of Indian political leadership.
    India ultimately recovered from the rude shock and booted out the lowly beasts from its area. The indescribable gallantry of the junior officers and soldiers of the country would be written in golden letters in the annals of Indian Armed Forces.
    On Kargil Vijay Divas (27th July), let us remember those heroes who brought victory to the country by their sacrifice. Let us also take a resolve that we would never lower our guard in future; we will never show an iota of mercy to these beasts on any occasion.

JAI HIND
    As we celebrate Kargil Vijay Diwas and remember the sacrifices laid by men in olive green, I hope the citizenry of the country would also back the force's demand for OROP.
    Regards,
    Farheen

As a ardent citizen of our country and well wisher of our defence forces, it is the prime duty of every one to give fitting tribute to those heroes who sacrificed their lives in the Kargil war. My salute to them.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I take this opportunity to remember and pay my respects to all those brave soldiers who fought for our Country! Many laid down their lives and many were injured but our strong men in uniform were committed and ultimately we succeeded in recapturing our areas. A sincere salute to all those who were part of the Kargil war!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

'Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated on 26 July' every year in honour of the Kargil War's Heroes instead of on 27 July every year as mentioned by the author in his thread.
    The Government of India had mobilised 200,000 Indian troops for Operation Vijay and 527 soldiers from Indian Armed Forces had sacrificed their lives during the war. In addition 1,363 soldiers were wounded. The Kargil war was a high altitude warfare in mountainous terrain.
    Param Vir Chakras were awarded to Grenadier Yogendra Singh Yadav, Lieutenant Manoj Kumar Pandey, Captain Vikram Batra and Rifleman Sanjay Kumar.
    Captain Anuj Nayyar and Major Rajesh Singh Adhikari were decorated with Maha Vir Chakra and Vir Chakras were awarded to Major Mariappan Saravanan, Squadron Leader Ajay Ahuja and Havildar Chuni Lal.
    Incidentally, Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year on 16 December to marks its military victory over Pakistan during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

It was not easy though. They were having advantage of height and we were on down the hill. We had heavy causalities and lost many brave soldiers. The situation was not equal to fight. Our soldiers had minimum chance and had heavy risk of their life. Even though, they did not go to "back foot" and went on to chase them out from our land.

Once again our soldiers proved to the world that those who will have the evil eyes on us, they will have to pay for it.

Salute to the Jawans those who guard our border taking their own risk of life. No words are enough to express to show gratitude for them.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Salute to the soldiers and their respect of love regarding their nation. They fought with bravery and shows the world their patriotism regarding their country.
    live happily in every situation of life

Salute your soldiers every day – not just once or twice a year or when you happen to remember them. Say a prayer for them and their safety, as often as you can. Remember, there is no greater sacrifice than to lay down your life for someone. These men do just that – without any questions asked.

Our men put their lives at stake, in war and during peace time. There are times that you and I do not know of when these brave men leave their families and loved ones and proceed to make things right for everyone else. We tend to take them for granted. If you really care for your soldiers stand in support when they need your voice – (as Farheen mentioned) support their request for OROP.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

All right-thinking Indians support the demand of OROP for soldiers. The present government is at least doing something concrete for them.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

It is very easy to say something good on the soldiers who fought for our country, what I think is that instead of praising them we should do something for their families by helping them financially, isn't it a good advice.
    live happily in every situation of life

You are right - the government has been good enough to address part of the issue. It was also an electorate promise.

Right-thinking is a very subjective term. I have come across people who grudge veterans their pension. It is tax payers money they say. They remain 'right-thinking' in their commune. Which is why I stressed on the subject of respect being shown every day or as often as we can. Let's not forget our heroes for all that they have done and continue to do.

A family friend lost his life fighting the enemy, I know the pain and the sacrifice. These heroes should be remembered every day.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

#572873: Kargil Vijay Divas is celebrated on 26th July. I posted the thread on 26th itself. But either the date was changed to 27th by an Editor or it was a typo on my part; I am not sure.

There is no doubt that the Kargil Vijay Divas is celebrated on 26th July every year. But we must remember our heroes everyday.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.