You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is this new generation?

We always give examples to our younger people as new generation. Because we see some new things from them, new innovative, new style of talking, living, eating , dressing etc. Some time we like those things and some time we hate new generation things.
    But why the younger people always hate the older generation. As they forget that they get the base from them only to reach at this generation level.
    Who is responsible for such views of new generation. They are becoming over smart or the older people not accepting the new things.
    Twenty five years is the gap between one generation and another. So there will be one generation gap between a person of sixty years and that of thirty years.
    Twenty five years is quite enough to have many changes occurring in all spheres of life.
    'New Generation' is not a new word of present.
    During my college days there were movies without song, dance, romance etc. They showed life near realistic. Hence they were different from the movies common then with many songs, dances , romancing around trees, hero and heroine always good looking and role model of all virtues.
    Then the 'realistic' movies made by the young directors and producers were called 'New generation moves".

But today also I get to hear and read about 'New Gen movies".

It is just normal that a twenty year old sees his/ her parents as old generation and the parents se the youth as new generation. Both see the differences of their habit and style and action in everything from speaking, eating, earning and spending. The gap and mutual evaluation and self pride is common . In any time you can hear ' the new generation is..." and the 'elders are...."

So it is just passing phase and soon each will know the other well and may need each other. Only the ignorant or adamant ones will refuse to acknowledge and accept the facts. Water flows only when there is level difference. Similarly only if there is some generation gap knowledge and experience pass on from one generation to another even in reverse also.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

There is always difference of opinion between the new generation and the old one. The old generation feels that they have immense personal experience of life and thus try to advise the young ones to follow the same so that they wont fail and be successful. But the new generation people they feel that they have learned enough and having good knowledge of what is happening in their life and around them and thus they are capable of taking decisions pertaining to their life with ease and no interference sought. New generation does not know one big fact that in the event of challenge and problem they are unable to get out it and needs elders help.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Most youngsters are definitely more intelligent, determined and focused than the older generation. They know their mind and what they want of life. The older generation had it easy. Youngsters' today begin facing challenges at a very young age. They are definitely stronger and more resolute than I ever was.

Those belonging to an older generation view life from their own perspective. They neither accept nor expect change to occur - a fact that has been mirrored in the thread. The fact of the matter is that every generation brings some change with it.

Anyhow, where does the thought that the younger generation 'hates the older generation' come from? Hate is too strong a word to use in this context. I have never seen any 'hatred' meted towards me by the younger generation. To use such terms to describe a people and their attitude without citing examples makes me question the credibility of this view.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Technology is changing at a very fast, but it was not so in the past. If we see history, generally there used to be no change in technology even for hundreds or thousands years, though the generation gap existed during those days also. Thus the generation gap cannot be attributed to the technology only.
    I think the main reason of generation gap is the difference in the level of youth and energy. The younger generation after attaining adulthood always bubble with energy and prone to experiment with newer things. Because of their inexperience, they are always curious to look for newer things and have a tendency to take risks.
    The older generation people generally refrain from repeating the foolhardy activities as they have already learnt about the futility of the same by trial and error process during their younger days. Take the example of many youths/college students dying while experimenting in rivers/ocean during picnics.
    They have more physical strength and are generally naive.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

In every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. When old generation people think that the new generation kids a lazy, idiots, nasty, cheeky or bad-mannered, etc. the same thing reflects in young generation. Actually there is nothing different if remove all these new technology and take them to back. The old generation people are too genius; if Subash Chandra Bose and Gandhi is old generation, then how could India got freedom. If Kalamji is old generation, how they became Missile-Man of India. There is nothing like old and new, it's all due to the change of climate, situation, and advent of new technologies day by day. I started using computer/desktop after 12th standard and laptop after 10 years and in last 2 years I'm using palmtops; our next generation kids may be born with some higher and simple technology.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

The perceptions are changing in a fast way between the old generations and the younger ones'. This may be because of different exposures of the young generations compelling them to revise their old notions. The circle of colleagues, professors, boss and the co- workers may influence their level of perceptions. More the interface with the masses, more is the chances of refinement of their personalities. They apply their perceptions at all levels. But such a change should not be taken as a serious issue. The old generations are static in their nature - may be because of their advanced ages and diseases they cannot keep themselves in pace with the latest technologies or they have little chances of interactions with the young - generations due to bussy life of the later section.
    To sum up, the difference of perceptions are not serious enough provided the younger ones' resort to healthy trend with respect to offer respect to seniors and include healthy foods for their well - beings.

What makes you believe that younger generation always hates the older generation? I don't think that is true at all. I personally feel the proportion of people from each generation, open to the idea of accepting the other generation is almost equal. There will always be some members on both sides who refuse to see the others point of view but they are not the majority. Every generation has its own set of challenges to face which might at times lead them to believe that people from other generations can't help them out.
    Regards,
    Farheen

Younger people don't always hate the older generation. Case in point, me. I really like some things they used to do like being closer with relatives etc,. Also, there is no need to differentiate between older generation and newer generation because new generation at present will be old generation in future.

Let us continue learning.

Generations go on changing. There will be changes from generation to generation. Any one who has completed fifty years looks back, he or she can see lots of changes in the present day and past. The behavior of new people will be different from that of the earlier people. This changes are based on the progress of the technology, knowledge, attitude towards life, education, etc.
    Just take for example the eating habits. How much changes have come though the last 50 years. How many new food items are there on the table now? Dressing pattern is another thing which show explicit changes. Of course, behaviour of new generation is totally different from the old ones. Of course, there is no much meaning in comparing both. Even the fifty year old man would have changed his way of life during the past passed years.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

Sign In to post your comments