You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

If you obey all the rules you will miss all the fun- Agree or Disagree?

Very recently I came across this quote- " If you obey all the rules you will miss all the fun"

On a short note this quote gives a message that you cannot have any fun by following all the rules.

Every one will ask us to follow the rules. But there are some people who will live their life in their own way. Such type of people will not follow others rules and will try to break the rules. Breaking the rules is a kind of an adventure and it will definitely give fun and create memories.

What is your opinion on the statement- " If you obey all the rules you will miss all the fun"? Do you agree or disagree ?
    I personally don't agree that following the rules makes one miss the fun. Though we need not follow other's (personal) rules, but the general rules made by the Government should be followed. Not only the Government made rules, even the norms, customs and traditions of the society should also be followed.
    About 17 persons are killed in India every hour due to road accidents mostly because of not following the traffic rules.
    All sports and games have well defined rules without which it may not be to possible to organize competitive events including Olympics. People flout the rules by doping.
    Every year we come across tragic news of young students drowning in rivers, lakes, and ocean during picnic because of not following the rules. Those who die, don't feel anything but they leave their parents devastated for rest of their life.
    Fun activities also have related rules and regulations and has to be scrupulously adhered to enjoy the fun in the real sense.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

It is not necessary that we should break the rules to have fun. Rules are made for people for their own good and safety. We should have fun but we should always keep the safety precautions while doing something adventurous. As Kailash sir said, many lose lives just by not following the rules. Rules are made to enter into river in some places but people neglect those rules and lose their lives. We should follow the rules made by government and for safety reasons as rules are made keeping all the measures in mind.

'If you obey all the rules, you can fun later...' This is my opinion here. Rules are made by us only, which must have some advantage. Instead of fun if a person seriously performs a work s/he may enjoy the fun later. Rules are made to control any kind of hazards; like monetary, health kind, environmental, social, etc. If smoking is banned, there are several reasons; like health injury, environmental pollution, social hazard in the sense it also affects to other non-smokers, monetary loss means to the smokers family. If the smokers obey the rule they can save other's life and have fun with their family.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

definitely something obeying too much of rules and regulation makes our beautiful life a hell so we should obey rules and regulation but in a restricted way.
    live happily in every situation of life

Well, this is a case in which my opinion differs form most others. There is nothing wrong in breaking some rules sometimes if it gives us pleasure. But, there should be a limit to breaking of rules and rules are introduced for our safety only. If you do not want to break any rule and have fun, start enjoying following the rules. When I am a kid, I used to hate mathematics. My father guided me correctly and now, I enjoy mathematics. I get the same pleasure form watching a movie and solving a mathematics problem. Having fun is not a problem if it doesn't have a bad impact on you.

Let us continue learning.

Well after reading this post I split into laughter. By the way the rules are made to bring total adherence to the law and those who wont follow are liable to be punished. For example the Hyderabad police have become more strict as regards to compulsory wearing of helmet, following traffic signals and above all other road rules. Being the frequent offenders, Hyderabadis are not agreeing to the too rigid rules and many are floating the same. Having seen this lethargy the authorities now want to contemplate strict imposition of rules if any one breaks the same. For example those who are driving without license and without proper driving papers and without helmet, they would be strictly fined. And even that continues for 12 times, the license would be cancelled for life time and it would not be re issued. The continued offenders would be severely punished with 6 months jail. So if some one follow the authors rule, surely they are going to be punished in Hyderabad.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments