Me, friend to friend Friendship Day Greeting Cards - creative writing contestHere's a unique contest for our talented creative ISCians! Centered on the 'Me...' theme, with an idea sourced from #7 in ar's thread, let's celebrate Friendship Day. All members, including editors, can participate in this contest.
What you have to do: Write a short story starting and ending with the word Friend or Friends (the story should begin with one of these only & not 'A friend' or 'The friend', but the end can be with the words 'a friend' or 'the friend' as long as the last word is also friend.) The theme of the story should evolve around a Friendship Day greeting card sent by postal mail (not via chat or email or other means). You can write it in a biographical/autobiographical style if you so wish & in any genre. You can include dialogues, poetic lines, give names to the characters, etc. Please focus, though, on friendship in the pure sense of the word and not some mushy romantic story (this is not a Valentine Day contest!).
1. Only one entry per member is allowed, with the story being short, limited to maximum 500 words (minimum should be 350 words).
2. The story must be submitted in English only. If you are using any poetic lines in a traditional Indian language, provide a translation of it at the end of your story. At the end of the story, please give a link to this forum announcement thread.
3. You can create your own card too on your PC and upload it here (not mandatory, but could get you extra points & cc if it is relevant and unique). It must naturally be original and not copied from any source.
4. Do not use any slang words, SMS short words, inappropriate language, etc.
5. The title of your story should include the words 'Friendship Day greeting' / 'Friendship Day greetings' to generate traffic to the site. The word 'card/cards' too can be included if you so wish.
6. Submit your entry in the creative writing category of the forum. Then submit the URL of that thread here, in a response in this thread, to be considered for the contest's prizes.
1. The 2 best entries will each win a cash prize of Rs.150/-.
2. The 2nd prize winner will be awarded Rs.100/- (one prize).
3. The 3rd prize winner will win Rs.75/- (one prize).
4. One or two consolation prizes may be given if the quality of the entries are good (Rs.50/-).
All entries may get additional points and get cash credits too if the quality is good.
Last date to submit entries in this thread: 3rd August, 2016. Entries dated 4th and later will not be considered for the main prizes.