You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Me, friend to friend Friendship Day Greeting Cards - creative writing contest

Here's a unique contest for our talented creative ISCians! Centered on the 'Me...' theme, with an idea sourced from #7 in ar's thread, let's celebrate Friendship Day. All members, including editors, can participate in this contest.

What you have to do: Write a short story starting and ending with the word Friend or Friends (the story should begin with one of these only & not 'A friend' or 'The friend', but the end can be with the words 'a friend' or 'the friend' as long as the last word is also friend.) The theme of the story should evolve around a Friendship Day greeting card sent by postal mail (not via chat or email or other means). You can write it in a biographical/autobiographical style if you so wish & in any genre. You can include dialogues, poetic lines, give names to the characters, etc. Please focus, though, on friendship in the pure sense of the word and not some mushy romantic story (this is not a Valentine Day contest!).

Instructions:
    1. Only one entry per member is allowed, with the story being short, limited to maximum 500 words (minimum should be 350 words).
    2. The story must be submitted in English only. If you are using any poetic lines in a traditional Indian language, provide a translation of it at the end of your story. At the end of the story, please give a link to this forum announcement thread.
    3. You can create your own card too on your PC and upload it here (not mandatory, but could get you extra points & cc if it is relevant and unique). It must naturally be original and not copied from any source.
    4. Do not use any slang words, SMS short words, inappropriate language, etc.
    5. The title of your story should include the words 'Friendship Day greeting' / 'Friendship Day greetings' to generate traffic to the site. The word 'card/cards' too can be included if you so wish.
    6. Submit your entry in the creative writing category of the forum. Then submit the URL of that thread here, in a response in this thread, to be considered for the contest's prizes.

Prizes:
    1. The 2 best entries will each win a cash prize of Rs.150/-.
    2. The 2nd prize winner will be awarded Rs.100/- (one prize).
    3. The 3rd prize winner will win Rs.75/- (one prize).
    4. One or two consolation prizes may be given if the quality of the entries are good (Rs.50/-).

All entries may get additional points and get cash credits too if the quality is good.

Last date to submit entries in this thread: 3rd August, 2016. Entries dated 4th and later will not be considered for the main prizes.
    Frankly speaking, there are too many conditions in the contest, which may restrict/hamper the creativity of the Members (of course, this is my personal opinion). Anyway I will participate in the contest because the topic is good.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha,

The idea is to make members really think and use their mind to come up with a story that fits in with the conditions set. It is like the precis writing we had to do for English class in school - convert many paragraphs into a concise single paragraph, using some different words. It taught us to be precise in conveying what needs to be said without losing the essence of the text & also helped to build vocabulary.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

My entry

And That's How We made the Friendship Day card together with happiness

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

This is my entry,
    A magical friendship day greeting card..

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

Krishna Kusela type of friendship day greeting cards of mine

I hope members may find it interested with my entry of this friendship day contest.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

My entry for the contest
    God is our good, better, best and true friend in our life - A friendship day greeting

No life without Sun ¤

My entry for the contest

Innocent Friendship day greeting card made for MOM

My humble effort for the contest:
    Two childhood friends renewed their friendship over Friendship Day greetings card

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Please find below my entry for this contest-

A friendship between friendship day cards

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My entry

Friendship Day Greeting Card from a Farmer

Here is my entry to the contest Finally, the Friendship Day greeting card got delivered to its intended recipient

Please find my entry to the contest under the title A Typical Friendship Day greeting Card to our CM

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.