You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Can I answer 3-4 month ask expert question?

I found that there are many question under ask expert and I want to answer but the date of posting is around 3-4 month before. Is it allowed to answer those old question? As I get penalized once to answer 10 days old forum, so I am asking this question. editors kindly answer me and lock this thread.
    As a rule, answering an older question does not violate any guidelines on ISC. But make sure you are adding some useful information to the query. If the information you are adding has already been shared, there is no point in answering an old question.

Just answering an old question just for getting points or cash credits is something that is not encouraged here.

Before someone pops in with a comment that I am behaving as an editor, let me make it clear that being a member of Spider Technology sites for long enough periods, I guess I have enough knowledge of how it works here.

Live....and Let Live...!

There are many unanswered questions also in the ask expert section. Efforts should be made to answer such questions. In case of other questions which have already been answered by many authors in the past, efforts should be made only if any additional fact is to be added. As far as I remember, answers posted after many answers have already been posted, generally don't fetch any cash credits. In my personal opinion in case 4 -5 answers have already been posted, then there may not be any point in posting further answers, at least from the point of view of earning cash credits.
    Regarding the main point raised by the author, there is no time limit for posting answers.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Pulling an old thread in Forum is different from that of answering an old AE question. As Mr.Timmappa has rightly mentioned, your answer to any old question even if it is more than one year old, should be a value addition to the responses already posted by other members. Moreover, all AE responses are strictly moderated. If it is established that the old questions are simply attempted to boost up the member's score card, such tendency is not encouraged.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

As far as I know you can always add information or response to a ask expert question even if it is older one. Like wise you can write the review for the articles appearing with old dates. That is allowed at ISC.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments