You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Abdul Kalam - Have we forgotten him too early?

It has been one year over, India lost its beloved son on this date exactly. Commemorating Kalam's first death anniversary, a life-size statue was unveiled at Peikarumbu in his hometown at Rameswaram on Wednesday which was attended by a couple of Union Ministers. Two great people of India - Kalam and the other one being former Prime Minster P V N Rao still to find a place of memory in the national capital.

Whatever it may be, let us follow the path shown by the visionary leader who always dreamt India to be in first place by 2020. The Missile man would be remembered forever in the hearts of the people of India.
    It is really sad that Governments at the center and state are failing to discharge their duties to build a fitting memorial to late President APJ Abdul Kalaam who was the savior, path finder and sooth Sayer for many. Delhi is having space but not the will to construct the memorial. TN government was under the impression that the land allotted by it would be taken over by the center and build a befitting memorial in the name of former President. But it ended up with a make shift asbestos sheet. Shame on the governments which failed to recognize the real stature of the great missile man whose presence itself ignite lots of courage to the youth and young ones.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Dr. Kalam had once said - 'When I am dead, do not declare a holiday. Instead, work a day extra'.
    Let us pay our homage to Dr. Abdul Kalam on the occasion of his first death anniversary.
    The following is a compilation of some lesser known facts about the missile man -
    1. He had started selling newspapers in his neighbourhood at the age of 8 years.
    2. He has authored18 books, 22 poems, and 4 songs during his lifetime.
    3. He was is third President Of India to have received Bharat Ratna award before occupying the august post of the President of India. The other two were Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan and Dr. Zakir Husain.
    4. He had no other property in his name other than his collection of books at the time of his death.
    5. He had received doctorates from 48 universities across the world.
    6. Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship was instituted for doctoral and postdoctoral studies related to climate research and education.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes in national capital only few have attended. But we in the TN could able to see all the ways and places, the memories, love and respect shared and wished.

For this let me share my personal experience. The month of July I have marked for this great scientist, (though in TN memories shared, they are celebrating only as a good human being from this land, a teacher but I doubt they really conceived the visionary in them) and hence in the beginning of the month I have travelled Rameshwaram via Ramanathapuram where he did his schooling in Schwartz School. When I have a dip in Agni Theertham I really remembered his Agni and thought about the christen of name.

On the day of his anniversary, I really looked in to the places in the path I reached to Trichirappalli where he did his graduation, St Joseph College. At the end of this month that is tomorrow or day after, I will reach Chennai to his post graduation institution, MIT, Chromepet, Chennai and after finishing that I thought of writing a small article here on the path of Kalam.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Dr. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, the 11th president of India is an inspiration to many students. Its been an year since we lost this great person. In the center of our college, a statue of him was established. Last night, some of my friends bought garlands and placed them on the statue to show their respect to him. I want to mention some of his quotes on this occasion.
    1) Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.
    2) You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
    3) Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
    4) It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone.
    5) When I am dead, do not declare a holiday. Instead, work a day extra.

Let us continue learning.

Sign In to post your comments