You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Admissions

Which is the best school board in India: the ISCE or CBSE?

Confused about whether ICSE or CBSE is the better one for education in India? Check out the informative ongoing discussion in this thread & understand the pros & cons of both.

I am confused between two boards - ISCE and CBSE. Please guide me on which would be the better one for an academic education.
    I always been told by my masters that CBSE is the best.
    live happily in every situation of life

Rajesh,

There is no ISCE Board. I think you are referring to ICSE? ICSE is not a Board actually. The ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) and the ISC (Indian School Certificate) curriculum & exams are both under the aegis of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE).

You can refer to the following for feedback:
    1. CBSE Vs ICSE syllabus – Which is better and why?

2. Comparison between ICSE, SSC and CBSE boards

3. ICSE vs CBSE - Syllabus, comparison and overall opinion

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) has already decided to revamp their syllabus which will be effective since the year 2018. Migration of students to the CBSE schools is cited as the reason.
    The syllabus of both boards in the four subjects of mathematics, biology, chemistry, and physics will now be same since the year 2018. The CISCE has also dropped the idea of merging physics, chemistry, and biology as one subject and history, civics and geography as another subject.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

As per my point of view, CBSE pattern is best education in India compared to ICSE in sense of education, syllabus, teaching pattern, morality in education, etc. If you want to know more details why CBSE is best than ICSE, you can read this Expert answer: Which School Education Board is best for education? Hope you'll find the answer from it why CBSE is best board in India for education apart from State Board syllabus.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Sign In to post your comments