You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A magical friendship day greeting card..

Friend,I never expect tons of love, but only a milligram of remembrance.
    Stumbling and falling in the snow,I slowly made my way to the barn down the hillside.The weather was icy cold and the snow covered the treetops and houses making them look very beautiful.Not a sound could be heard nearby as everyone was busy warming themselves by the fireside in their homes.
    Tracy had been my best friend since childhood and we had stuck together through thick and thin in our lives.
    She was the only person in the world who could read my mind,my thoughts and my heart.She was very dear to me and had been with me when I was in any kind of trouble.
    Remembering her sad face made me start crying again as I could not forget her last words...
    She had been suffering with pancreatic cancer and it had been detected very late.She had started vomiting blood and complained of severe pain in her abdomen.The doctors said she had only a few days left as her health was deteriorating.She had told me that she had buried a dear thing for me in a magical box in the barn during her school days.She told me to find and keep it with me as it would give her peace in her sleep that it was with me..
    I opened the barn door and entered the dark room.I searched for a place where we used to sit often and started digging in haste.
    Soon I found a magical box which looked like a vintage one with gold letters "Friendship never dies.."
    I started crying after looking at those words on the box.
    I opened it and found a friendship letter written in Tracy's beautiful handwriting.She had written a set of poems for me! I was so touched.
    It read
    "Your importance and value I cannot estimate
    The ups and downs in our lives till date
    Friendship is a gem once polished can shine
    Making two souls and hearts entwine
    True friendship is bestowed to the lucky few
    It shines like a star glittering anew"
    Open the next page ,there is more to come.I flipped the page again and there was another poem for me.
    "You stood by my side
    And had nothing to hide
    You took my hand in yours
    Comforting for many hours
    Hardships are many
    They cant be faced alone
    Rays of hope can be found
    And trust can be grown"
    Hey friend,don't cry read the next one is also for you.O files and turned the paper again and it was like magic coming alive.The way she had written those poems for me so smartly,I still could not l believe how talented she had been since childhood.
    It now read,
    "Share your joke with me
    Or any gossip in class
    Cry your heart with me
    It is clear as a glass
    Hide anything from me
    I will surely find it out
    Your face reveals your mind
    And your eyes are your heart!"
    Now stop crying like a sissy and come to me dear were the last words in the last page..
    I started crying loudly with so much grief as I knew I could never go to her now nor could I bring her back from where she was now,my invaluable and precious friend...
    Friend,
    My dear virtual friend ar, I thoroughly enjoyed your story from a friend to a friend greeting, my dear friend. You touched the members heart through your rhyming poem, friend.

No life without Sun ¤

A very nice and thoughtful write up glorifying the friendship and once again giving the ray of hopes for those who have good friends who are ever lasting with their behavior in thick and thin period of our life.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Thank you Sun Sir and Mohan Sir.True friendship is bestowed to only a lucky few and is quite rare nowadays.
    A true friend is a person who walks in to our life when the rest if the world walks out!
    A true friend understands our true feelings without even our need to say it to them.

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

Really nice and heart touching lines specially the way the letters are mentioned is really very creative.
    While reading these lines one can visualise and imagine the conditions of the two friends mentioned.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Sun Sir,I hope the title is appropriate now according to the rules for the competition.
    Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

ar,
    Yes. Now the title is fitting to meet the competition requirement.

No life without Sun ¤

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.