You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What an achievement, Vandana, the writer!!

I take this opportunity to congratulate Vandana, the writer, for posting her 1000th article on ISC. It is a memorable moment for her to cross this important milestone in her illustrious innings here. The landmark achievement becomes more commendable as she did it while playing her role of the ME of ISC beautifully. She worked hard and proved to herself and everyone what she is capable of. This achievement will inspire many budding writers. A salute to Vandana for her continuous dedication & exemplary passion which made the difference in making this marvelous achievement possible.

Members please join me in congratulating Vandana for this fantastic achievement!
    My heartiest congratulations to Vandana, the ME of ISC on her distinguished achievement of reaching the milestone of posting 1000th article.
    The people who write articles know as to what it means.
    After joining ISC, I had been going through her articles regularly.
    An unique and noticeable feature of her articles had been that the topics like admission notifications and admission results etc. selected were capable of fetching traffic to the websites.
    Thus her articles rendered commendable service to the students community, fully justifying the avowed objectives of the ISC as an educational website.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Congratulations Vandana Mam for this great achievement. It indeed requires a lot of hard work and dedication. It is evident from the fact that you have achieved this feat alongside as the ME of this esteemed site. Wish you to achieve many milestones like this. Congrats again.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Wow great to know from the author that our Managing Editor Vandana has posted her 1000th article to this site and thus set a example on how a mentor should lead the flocks. She has been giving enough services by doing the role of Managing editor and she has been proven boon for this site for which Tony our web master should be ever grateful. Normally webmaster at every site would manage the show daily but here Tony has given full responsibility to her and she has been taking this site to further development with cordial relations with every members.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Congratulation Vanadan Ma'am!
    It is really a great achievement because to write an article is far difficult and tedious job than making posts in many other sections of ISC.
    1000 articles on your credit shows your great interest in writing which you kept alive even while doing many other activities at ISC and in your personal life.
    Wish you once again!

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Really a marvellous achievement. Probably an unthinkable one in my case. I accept and acknowledge her perseverance, focus, multitasking and determination. Le this serve as a beacon to all new aspirants.
    ==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

I pat my own back after uploading 54 articles. I can't even dream of writing 1000 articles. Hat's off! Madam.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Congratulations Vandana. Writing 1,000 quality articles in an online portal and still keeping the momentum is a great achievement.

Thank you Vandana for all your contributions to this portal. You are a true Diamond of ISC.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Congrats Vandana for reaching a marvelous milestone....
    If you ask your doubt you are fool for 5 minutes but if you don't you are fool forever -- Chinese proverb

Indeed it is a great achievement by Vandana. Writing 1000 quality articles is not an easy job for an individual. I could calculate and see that Vandana has posted one good article on each 2.84 days. Being busy as an ME of ISC and overburdened with too many tasks to ensure ISC's management and its performance, she would have taken some additional pain to produce quality articles for the benefit of web browsers.
    I stand erect and salute this great lady Ms. Vandana., Managing Editor of ISC for her great achievement and say "Heartiest congratulation, Madam Vandana. "

@ P.S. When I got into the profile and the contributions of our ME, I could see the number 993 against the 'Resources'. Why and how a difference between 1000 and 993 ? Which is right and which is wrong? Who can explain this?

No life without Sun ¤

Actually, I wanted to raise this thread. But, the author is lucky to get this opportunity. I am visiting Ms. Vandana's profile from the day I came to know that she posted 980 articles in ISC. Being a managing editor, what she did is way beyond awesome. It is obvious that she spent thousands of hours of her valuable time in contributing to ISC. I personally feel that a special badge or award must be given to her for this achievement.

Let us cntinue learning.

Mr Sun,

I had given link to her 1000th article in my initial message. Maybe you missed that in a haste. Just click on that link & scroll down till the end of the article & you will see that Vandana has posted 1000 articles till date. For your benefit, I am attaching the screenshot of the article in which it can be seen that Vandana has posted 1000 articles till date.

And what is right & what is wrong - maybe some of her articles are yet to be reviewed by the editor concerned.

Delete Attachment

Gypsy,
    True. I have scrolled down and saw it. It says that she has completed 1000 articles. But how come the contribution of ISC chart say that she has only completed 993 articles to her credit. Which one to be trusted for accuracy?

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun,

Some of her articles are yet to be reviewed by the editor concerned. Those articles are not yet reflecting at her scoreboard. Once they are reviewed and published, the scoreboard will reflect that.

Hope it suffices your query!

(When I responded, the above response is not posted)

#573066 (Mr. Sun) : May be because the other seven articles are in 'New Submission' state.

Let us continue learning.

Gypsy,
    It would have been ideal if you had waited for some more time to have her contribution listing with 1000 approved articles. An article in the pending section or in new submission section could be subject to deletion. To be very sure, it is always better to ensure the approved articles. Never to be in a hurry to post such congratulatory messages. Haste is waste, a good proverb to be learned and understood.

No life without Sun ¤

I join the author and all others in congratulating Vandana ma'am for this marvelous achievement! It is indeed inspiring and commendable because she has achieved this feat while being actively involved in her role as the Managing Editor. It needs a lot of determination, commitment and of course perseverance added to skill and creativity to be able to reach a point where others stand up in awe and look up to the achiever. Great going ma'am!

P.S. - And Sun can't help repeating his feats! I feel so sorry for him!

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Congratulations Vandana Mam'!!
    From my membership with ISC, I've taken several guidance from Vandana Mam', she frequently assisted me during my editorship tenure. She is very friendly and a very good mentor. For this state of mind she's selected as our Managing Editor. I heartily appreciate her contribution and healthy participation always. I wish her for a lifelong membership with ISC with more contributions in resources.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Saji,
    You need not feel sorry for me. I have quoted the fact. If you have something to say, say it here rather than feeling sorry for me. I cannot and will not remain blind to the unagreeable facts. I simply don't wish to be a 'Yes Master' or 'Yes boss' member at ISC. I have great respect for this site's WM, ME and other good editors.

No life without Sun ¤

Of course it is a great achievement and no one will deny that. We all know how dedicated she is for her work. And congratulations to Vandana the ME for her great feat of posting 1000 articles.

However, I would support Sun. When this thread came out and I saw the article quantity, it was approved 993 in numbers, now when I checked it is 994 in numbers. So one should have little patient to get for 1000 approved articles. It looks funny as if the author was racing to post such thread so that other should not steal this thread from him.

And Saji, you should answer sun's query directly without taunting at him. He has said nothing wrong! It is only editorial team or those who are involved will come to know about any member's actual number of post. Otherwise we as normal members have to depend on contribution details which is not showing 1000.

I hope my words should be taken in good spirits.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

What I presume that since her many contributions were pertaining to admissions and information alike some might have been irrelevant and might have been removed from data base on cleansing process.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Members,
    Any information posted should be duly justified by the author. It is like telling someone that a lady is a mother of ten children while the tenth child is just conceived and yet to be delivered.

To an ISCian, the contribution list is a sure authority to know as to what has been posted/achieved by a member viz the number of articles, forum messages, forum responses, ask expert questions, ask expert answers, jobs posted, gifts received, points scored, CC received etc. Nothing can be a solid and valid authority than the profile of a member in which their contribution is listed for reference.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun,

Please refer to the thread message. It says that Vandana has posted 1000 articles. I hope you know the meaning of the word 'post'. So, I did not post any wrong information.

Moreover, if you have any issues please raise a separate thread.

Gypsy,

Thanks for your compliments. In fact, I was quite startled & shocked frankly because you would be the last person I thought would post such a thread, what with all the acrimonious interactions we've had in the forum in the last so many years!

Indeed it was a milestone I have been aiming for since a long time and was very pleased - and relieved too. I had wanted to reach it first by year-end of 2015 and when could not do so, had aimed for March-end of this year. Did not reach it that time too, so re-set my goal yet again to reach it before the first week of August. You used the word 'passion' in the text - indeed, if you do have passion to achieve something, you can. Never give up on one's goal. Instead, re-set it if required and persevere. The fruits are real sweet when you do.

I thank all the members too who have responded here for their congratulatory wishes. It felt good to see a congratulatory message from Tony Sir as well.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Sun is right that there is a discrepancy between the figures showing at the end of an article and the number showing at my scoreboard. I had brought it to the attention of the Webmasters a while ago, requesting them to check it out.
    Regards,
    Vandana

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

Sun,
    I would appreciate it if you did not reiterate the same point repeatedly. There was no need for the tasteless response #573108 (the words were appalling to say the least) after I did confirm there is a discrepancy & have brought it to the notice of the Webmasters.

Regards,
    Vandana

Sorry Madam,
    My response coincided with your good response which did not appear when I posted my response. You should consider taking back my -5 points awarded to me. Would like to see a 0 but not -5. It would be too much.

My response may be tasteless but certainly not meaningless. It has a good and appropriate sense in it to understand and act. What to do? Who understands what? I do not know how to convince you. When love is thin, the fault is thick. A good proverb to understand now.

No life without Sun ¤

Vandana - This is undeniably a commendable achievement. Congratulations. I remember reading a post a while back where you had mentioned setting a target for yourself, of completing 1000 articles. It must be a great feeling to fulfill a promise you made yourself. Great going!

I also want to post my view on the following remark – "I was quite startled & shocked frankly because you would be the last person I thought would post such a thread, what with all the acrimonious interactions we've had in the forum in the last so many years!" What appears acrimonious is generally just an opinion. Those who openly voice their views are usually looked upon as being unfriendly and aggressive rabble-rousers. The fact is that most of them are not spiteful; they speak their mind, forget and move on. They hold no grudge (as is demonstrated by Gypsy's post). Please do not regard interactions and heated arguments as a show of hostility. As I have mentioned before people just choose to react differently.

Gypsy - Thank you for bringing this feat to everyone's notice.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Juana,

Many thanks for your compliments. Since you stated that I had mentioned my goal, I went hunting for that specific thread & was happy to discover it with the search box: What is your most cherishing experience with ISC? So thanks too for giving me a peek into that old thread.

I would also like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to you for your guidance in English & for some very useful feedback you gave on one of my study abroad articles. As a superlative author yourself, I would be really happy for you when you surpass 1000 articles!

Regards,
    Vandana

Dear Vandana,

Congratulations on gaining the goal that you had set for yourself.
    The past few years in which we have been on this same platform, one thing has always ringed in our minds, again and again that there is no other secret formula for success on the internet. It is none other than - Content is King.

Everyone of us have attempted all kinds of content making - original writings, copy pasting, referrals, tweaking, twisting etc etc.

But as it is said, to come on the top position is easy, but to maintain it requires the real zeal - something known in medicine as maintenance dose!

So, kudos and high-5s to you. Keep on the good work, we will look for the next bunch of 1000 articles from you.

And for this 993, 994 and 1000 articles, I would only say to all, that it is either that the glass has filled up, or it is just that the glass is full to the brim. The difference is just too little, good enough to be looked over and simply celebrate.

On the brighter side, it shows us another bug that Tony sir has to look into. So that we have many 1000 article writers.

Thank you Vandana for showing us this day and this bug!

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

Dr. Apurva,

Many thanks for your congratulatory wishes. Next bunch of 1000 articles? Why not? Will try for that goal too before I reach my silver years, since I've got a good long way to reach those!!

Regards,
    Vandana

Vandana,
    that is indeed a great achievement. Congratulations on completing 1000th article on ISC. Keep it up.

Live....and Let Live...!

Good to see so many members chipping in with their congratulatory messages for the remarkable feat of Vandana!

It seems I had missed this special thread all these days. Anyway, feels good that I too could finally chip in. A thousand articles! Simply amazing. Will be hard to beat. It's a real inspiration to each one of us. Hope, we too can imbibe some of those qualities required to become an ace performer. All the best Maám, on your journey towards the next 1000 articles.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Vandana:
    Heartiest congratulations!!!
    It is indeed a very commendable achievement!
    You are role model for many, no doubt.
    With this achievement you have set the flag high, and soon others will travel your path to accomplish posting 1000 resources.
    Overall you are a multifaceted personality with excellent administrative and managerial skills. You spread enthusiasm, zeal and vigour along with positivity with your presence, advice and support in ISC.
    Great going!
    Kudos!

Autograph your work with excellence!

Madam Vandana,
    Congratulations.

What more can I say other than this word? You are now taller than the tallest. I can just salute to the ambidextrous personality for the remarkable achievement as she is far away at the peak of the mountain of ISC articles and takes many more years to reach the spot for a person like me who stands at the hill bottom! Yes, we are waiting for another Vandana's articles@2000.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Amazing Vandana! Congratulations for achieving this great milestone. You are truly an inspiration to us. Really a start is always easy but taking it to this limit is exemplary. The way you deal with it all is also something to learn from you. How you manage it all is something which should be appreciated above all negligible things.
    Thank you for B'day wishes dear friend. Just when I found your mail about virtual gift and b'day wishes, I had it in my mind to visit ISC on next availability of time. And see, I got a chance to read this important, inspirational and congratulatory thread.
    Also, Thank you for sharing that link to memory lane. Old bond (with ISC) made me feel refreshed.

Regards:
    Chitra Rana

Congratulations Vandana, writing 1000 articles is indeed is a great achievement. It requires continuous, dedicated effort. And the amount of knowledge that you have both gained and shared through these articles are immense. A lot of people have benefited from the informative articles. Let these be the first thousand in many to come. Let many more become the beneficiaries of your knowledge. All the very best.
    - Manjunath Bhat

First of all my heartiest congratulation to Vandana(Managing Editor) Mam . It is really a great milestone. I always try to read all posts of Vandana Mam. This is because all posts including forum are directly related to guidelines, announcement and rewards.
    Phagu
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Congratulations Vandana madam.

More than quantity I liked the way articles were presented with quality contents and write-up.

I never missed not a single article made.

Making 1000 articles is not a mean task, I would call it as a legendary work.

Thanks everyone for your kind words & wishes. It warmed by heart immensely.

Somebody mentioned about being at the bottom of a mountain. Well, we all do start at the bottom don't we? You just need to kit yourself up with the requisite climbing gear - focus, determination, perseverance, zeal & passion - and feel the joy of putting that grappling hook a last time on the mountain top, as you reach up and stand firmly on the peak of your goal. Of course, then you must not rest on your laurels. Humbly begin again with climbing another mountain (a new goal) once again from the bottom...

And never, ever forget those who gave you support, whether they inspired you or egged you on. So here's a thanks once again to all the ISCians who helped me climb my mountain, who inspired me with their own writings, gave advice on improving or correcting an article & especially those who guided me with HTML tags - something which makes me slide down the mountain quite often even today!!

Regards,
    Vandana

It is quite revealing to note that even the ME of ISC, who has set a record of having completed 1000 articles, is fallible to the dreaded HTML tags, a nightmare to most of the article writers.

Very true Mr. Kailash Kumar about my fallibility! Just 2 days ago one of my articles got shifted to pending by the editors due to putting incorrect HTML tags for a link to a university portal. Some weeks ago another article was in pending mode as I had not put the anchor text between the tags. It may even take me another 1000 articles to get the hang of it - but I will persevere to get it right one day!!
    Regards,
    Vandana

Perhaps a true author can never learn HTML tags fully as the same are too technical, totally devoid of any feeling or sentiment.
    However, my best wishes to ME.

The scoreboard issue has been finally fixed & now displays the articles which do not include those which got deleted or are in draft mode. So the figure stands at 996 both on my scoreboard and in the article footer. As Tony Sir cheerfully informed me, "Now you have scope to celebrate the 1000th article again!" So picking up that gauntlet, here I go climbing up the mountain again.....Cheers!
    Regards,
    Vandana

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.