You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is that one misses the most about their home culture?

Do you miss something about your home culture? What do you miss the most? Let us discuss it here.

Most of us move out of our homes, in search of work or studies.

What is that one misses the most about their home culture?

*it could be a tree for all you like*

Pls key in your home and current city
    My home city is Lucknow.
    It depends on the individual profile. I spent 36 years out of Lucknow (1979 to 2015) due to the job as there was no office of my employer organization at my home city. I lived in Mumbai (twice), Agra (twice), Jaipur, Bhopal, Guwahati, Nagpur, Bhopal, Kolkata and visited many cities and places in the meantime. However, after coming back to Lucknow, I feel at home.
    I used to miss the culture of my city at other places and the various roads, lanes, and bylanes where I used to spend time as a student. I used to particularly miss a historical monument known as the 'Residency' at Lucknow, where inside a cemetery complex, I used to practice mathematics with one of my friend who is no more.
    In the meantime, there had been a vast expansion in the city and many new areas have got added. Nowadays, it has become difficult to negotiate the old part of the city where we used to reside in the olden days.
    Even inanimate objects of the home city attract.
    I have read in the literature that the people used to have an attachment to their home cities because of its cremation/burial grounds also because their forefathers were cremated/buried there.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Well, I am staying in my home now. When I am not, what I miss about my home is my parents. Its not like I cannot live without my parents or something. I can't imagine staying away from them. So, I always try to study while staying in my home. I am studying engineering now and I travel for one hour every morning to reach my college and another one hour to reach home every evening. I can stay in hostel with the same expenditure but I won't. When situations demand, I may stay away from my home but I will sure miss my parents then. Don't think that this will change after marriage because it won't.

Let us continue learning.

Days are changing as well as interests and lifestyle too. I went to residential school at the age of 11, and stayed there for 7 long years. After completion of intermediate I went to Hyderabad for higher studies, then to Mumbai and worked around 7-8 years at Hyderabad. I was missing my parents always. I used to miss always my mother's cookery, father's anger and sisters' love and caring. But the situation now got changed when all the sisters were married and my parents used to visit them and spent sometimes with me. There is no distance at all.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Sign In to post your comments